Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

**WANTED**Scarborough/Redcliffe Area Acommodation

**WANTED**Scarborough/Redcliffe Area Acommodation

Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:28 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default **WANTED**Scarborough/Redcliffe Area Acommodation

http://agents.realestate.com.au/cgi-...0&tot=81&t=hol

OK Folks,

I have checked the usual holiday housing for rent sites, i have posted a thread on here, i am going to bump this along for aweek or two, grab as much attention as possible, if still no look with finding suitable acommodation, then its the States instead.

I have checked sites, i need, or i would like a house just like that link up top for the same sort of cost, it is perfect!

Somewhere within a 2km radius of the Scarborough/Redcliffe/Margate area of Brisbane. It must have a minimum of two bedrooms, i do not mind if it has ten bedrooms, but obviously if the cost is $1100.00 dollars aweek then i am not interested as i am paying for a bedroom anight, and it will be too big for me and fussy knickers?

I am looking at around a maximum cost of say $700.00 to $800.00 dollars aweek for a fully furnished place, nice and clean, it will be looked after i can assure you of that.

The dates are sometime between the 05/03/2008 and the 03/04/2008. I do not really want a flat or apartment, but if no luck after this then i may have to settle for one?

The Scarborough/Redcliffe/Margate area is quite important because if i do move to Oz permanently, then this area appeals to me for it geography and transport links.

Cheers for all the pm's and replies on my previous thread, but still no luck.

If anyone has any suggestions with regards to houses in areas close to my Scarborough/Redcliffe/Margate area, then please let me know.

The most important thing is to rent something on recommendation from someone on here rather than cold, this is the reason for this prolonged search on here, otherwise i would not go to this trouble!

Thanks for any replies! Fork

P.S. If you have a house in this area, and fancy a holiday around this time, go on, enjoy yourself have that holiday, i'll get you a beer on your return!

Last edited by forkandknife; Jan 5th 2008 at 1:34 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:29 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: **WANTED**Scarborough/Redcliffe Area Acommodation

Bumpaty Bump, any takers?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:04 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forkandknife
http://agents.realestate.com.au/cgi-...0&tot=81&t=hol

OK Folks,

I have checked the usual holiday housing for rent sites, i have posted a thread on here, i am going to bump this along for aweek or two, grab as much attention as possible, if still no look with finding suitable acommodation, then its the States instead.

I have checked sites, i need, or i would like a house just like that link up top for the same sort of cost, it is perfect!

Somewhere within a 2km radius of the Scarborough/Redcliffe/Margate area of Brisbane. It must have a minimum of two bedrooms, i do not mind if it has ten bedrooms, but obviously if the cost is $1100.00 dollars aweek then i am not interested as i am paying for a bedroom anight, and it will be too big for me and fussy knickers?

I am looking at around a maximum cost of say $700.00 to $800.00 dollars aweek for a fully furnished place, nice and clean, it will be looked after i can assure you of that.

The dates are sometime between the 05/03/2008 and the 03/04/2008. I do not really want a flat or apartment, but if no luck after this then i may have to settle for one?

The Scarborough/Redcliffe/Margate area is quite important because if i do move to Oz permanently, then this area appeals to me for it geography and transport links.

Cheers for all the pm's and replies on my previous thread, but still no luck.

If anyone has any suggestions with regards to houses in areas close to my Scarborough/Redcliffe/Margate area, then please let me know.

The most important thing is to rent something on recommendation from someone on here rather than cold, this is the reason for this prolonged search on here, otherwise i would not go to this trouble!

Thanks for any replies! Fork

P.S. If you have a house in this area, and fancy a holiday around this time, go on, enjoy yourself have that holiday, i'll get you a beer on your return!
Personally, as you are only staying for a month, a flat/apartment etc, would be a better option as you do not have to spend several valuable days cleaning the place up before you leave. Wouldn't this time be better spent on the reccie/validation/holiday etc?
Nothing personal, but why expect someone to leave their home in the care of a total stranger, that they have never met face to face, and trust them to look after it? At least with rentals/units etc, they factor in such things as damages, theft etc.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Personally, as you are only staying for a month, a flat/apartment etc, would be a better option as you do not have to spend several valuable days cleaning the place up before you leave. Wouldn't this time be better spent on the reccie/validation/holiday etc?
Nothing personal, but why expect someone to leave their home in the care of a total stranger, that they have never met face to face, and trust them to look after it? At least with rentals/units etc, they factor in such things as damages, theft etc.
Yes, good point, i agree, i would still like a two bedroom house, but if a nice two bedroom unit, or even a nice quiet two bedroom apartment is available in the area, please pm me, lets talk?

Thanks Bloke!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:10 am
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

Hi,

We stayed at Scarborough holiday village in November:

http://www.scarboroughholidayvillage.com.au/index.asp

They have brand new air conditioned, two bedroomed chalets for about $500 pw. I managed to get wireless internet access, as there was a marina next door which had a pay as you go thingy, its about $27 for 100 mb, cost me a bloody fortune!

Not much on site but its close to a few restaurants and pubs.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:40 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

There really isn't a lot of choice of fully furnished places in that area so it wont be easy - we used stayz.com.au and found 2 fab places without any personal recommendations - also fantastic as BE is I'm not sure I'd take someone on here I didn't know's recommendation anymore than a review on one of the accommodation sites. You might have to widen the area a bit more - we wanted accommodation in the Cleveland area when we arrived but to meet our budget we ended up with 2 weeks in Burbank and 2 weeks in Sandgate. We were still able to pick the area we wanted to live in. It doesn't take that long to get around Brisbane.

Last edited by rebnatoli; Jan 6th 2008 at 12:41 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:57 pm
Banned

Yep, cheers for all the pm's and replies, awaiting the credit card to arrive now, i will then book the chosen lucky acommodation for me and fussy draws?

Cheers Knife!