Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

**Please Read.looking for 457.in oz now.1 year mine experience.***

**Please Read.looking for 457.in oz now.1 year mine experience.***

Old Jul 8th 2012, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

iamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really nice
Default **Please Read.looking for 457.in oz now.1 year mine experience.***

Hello everybody i always keep an eye on the forum and know hope that it will come of help to me.

I am currently in Perth on an 817(year tourist visa) with the intention of trying to get sponsored. i came to oz in 2009 on the 2 year working holiday visa, i have been al over the country laying bricks as that is my trade. i got into the mines in 2010(thus why i have saving`s to have 1 year tourist visa and no debt house,kids) was in there for a year before travelling threw Asia and back to uk for 6 months.

I have come back here to find a sponsor as i know its pretty hard over in uk to get one in my game and bricklaying has been taken of residency skill list.I also have 1 years mine experience in the biggeste iron ore site in oz i belive @ http://www.citicpacificmining.com/en...-iron-project/

i was doing a lot of logistics work there and also trade assistant work.

So i am looking for a chance to be sponsored, i have fork ticket, lots of trade assistant experience, processing & construction mine experience and also my trade as a bricklayer. I have been here a month now and still cant get a lead.

I check seek,gumtree,send emails off and still to nothing yet i thought people would see my willingness that have flown back across the globe too make my life here and still cant work to prove myself

I am looking for advice and hopefully a sponsor, i am willing to work on trial for free and also gain any tickets needed.I can send my CV by email

I really do think word of mouth can get you a long way in this great land

Thanks for reading and even if your in another state i willing to relocate i just came to Perth because that's where most of the work and money .

Thank You

eggman
Old Jul 8th 2012, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **Please Read.looking for 457.in oz now.1 year mine experience.***

Given your bricklaying is almost certainly not going to get you sponsored as most brickies are self employed and many are struggling to find work do you have reason to believe that you would pass the skills test for a 457. The rule for a 457 is the employer is required to show that the reason for sponsoring you is because they are unable to find a local to do the job. Given I will be spending today interviewing candidates for a unskilled mining role and had 25 excellent candidates with experience who are locals, it would seem you will not fulfill that criteria.

You are behaving illegally and companies you apply to will be aware of this.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:50 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Just to enlighten me, what has he done in looking for a sponsor that is illegal?
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

iamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really nice

i fully understand your point...but i hear all the time of people getting sponsored thou and to be quite honest i don't know what i am doing illegally...i have come over here to try and find myself a sponsor..if i am to find one i have to leave the country when they apply for it.i fully understand my visa and the conditions of it

applying from UK with the skills i have nobody gives me a chance.yet being over here i think with persistence and maybe a little luck i will get the chance to prove myself

I am just unlucky that my trade is off the PR list

anyway all advice taken on board
Old Jul 9th 2012, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I don't think you can get sponsored as a bricklayer any more.

And that is what you are qualified as isn't it?
Old Jul 9th 2012, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Just to enlighten me, what has he done in looking for a sponsor that is illegal?
Seeking work on a tourist visa must be one of them...
Old Jul 9th 2012, 11:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Seeking work on a tourist visa must be one of them...
There's nothing illegal about just looking for work on a tourist visa. Actually working is illegal, but if all you do is look, whilst here on holiday, thats quite allowable. Many people get turned away at Immigration because they arrive with the intention of looking for work and then doing it if they find some. If tourism is the main purpose of the trip, there's nothing wrong with looking for work at the same time.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

jeppy is an unknown quantity at this point

murphys pipe and civil are worth a try they were at cape preston same job .carna construction based in waroona also try charles hull
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There's nothing illegal about just looking for work on a tourist visa. Actually working is illegal, but if all you do is look, whilst here on holiday, thats quite allowable. Many people get turned away at Immigration because they arrive with the intention of looking for work and then doing it if they find some. If tourism is the main purpose of the trip, there's nothing wrong with looking for work at the same time.
OP wouldn't say to me they're here for a holiday, more chasing a pipe dream. Mining companies won't/can't sponsor unqualified staff, who can't obtain a visa. Harsh but true.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
OP wouldn't say to me they're here for a holiday, more chasing a pipe dream. Mining companies won't/can't sponsor unqualified staff, who can't obtain a visa. Harsh but true.
Dreams aren't illegal though

(well, some might be, but we won't go into that!!)
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

all taken on board thanks alot
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:07 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, where there is a will there is a way and I for one applaud those for at least trying. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that!!
It may well come to nothing but try every avenue, look at all your skills and quals and see where they MIGHT fit and then gain proper advice. What's the worst that can happen??? Can't get locked up for dreaming.....unless your Polly!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 6:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What's the worst that can happen??? Can't get locked up for dreaming.....unless your Polly!
No, but he could get deported for working on a tourist visa (even working for free is working) and face a long ban.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:20 am
Home and Happy

Hey, where there is a will there is a way and I for one applaud those for at least trying. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that!!
It may well come to nothing but try every avenue, look at all your skills and quals and see where they MIGHT fit and then gain proper advice. What's the worst that can happen??? Can't get locked up for dreaming.....unless your Polly!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:13 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, but he could get deported for working on a tourist visa (even working for free is working) and face a long ban.
Where does he say that he has been working on his current tourist Visa? He does mention working on a previous Visa when here before, my understanding of his post is that he is using his tourist visa to come here and 'tour' whilst looking at the job market. Surely a lot of people look at jobs and houses and stuff when on holiday, even out of curiosity.
Sorry if I have misunderstood the whole point of his OP but is he not just asking all us old sages for advice AKA using this forum for which it was intended for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.