Reload this Page >

**Off topic** Live 8 tickets

**Off topic** Live 8 tickets

Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road
Default **Off topic** Live 8 tickets

Won a pair of tickets for Hyde Park!

Woke up this morning and found a text on my phone, thought it was a wind up but went to live 8 web page, entered the PIN number and it says I can collect them after 20th June from my local O2 store.

Sorry, I know off topic but I am the unluckiest man in the world and wanted to share this
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **Off topic** Live 8 tickets

Originally Posted by The Hun

Woke up this morning and found a text on my phone, thought it was a wind up but went to live 8 web page, entered the PIN number and it says I can collect them after 20th June from my local O2 store.

Sorry, I know off topic but I am the unluckiest man in the world and wanted to share this
Lucky beggar . I never win anything. Hope you have a great time.

Tracey
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

ballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura about

How fantastic! I'd hoped, but . . . .

Have a brilliant day!!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were really unlucky, you would have your flights booked for the day before

Don't try flogging them. Have a great day. Don't forget to wave, we might see you
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Step this way...

www.ebay.co.uk

Your ship has just come in.

They are trying to ban selling them, there's plenty more sites where you can exchange for cash.

I'd say you'd be looking for about half a mill a pair. I can direct you to the promised land if you like.

Did Bob "The Ego" really think there wouldn't be profiteering out of this...

The Oirish eh, gotta love' em.

Three Legs

Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Off thread but much press coverage re tickets being re-sold on eBay and Geldof slagging off the people doing the selling and eBay for providing the avenue. eBay promised to take them off and they have a message saying they aren't for resale there but they still are according to the news.

It is already being quickly forgotten what the event is about - people will profiteer re-selling tickets, the stars will make all kinds of bizarre demands about what should be provided for them and they'll argue about who appears when and how long they get and those who go will mostly think it's just a big concert. Still, it's all in a good cause eh, reducing African poverty etc.

OzTennis
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:42 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Three words...

Supply and demand.

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Off thread but much press coverage re tickets being re-sold on eBay and Geldof slagging off the people doing the selling and eBay for providing the avenue. eBay promised to take them off and they have a message saying they aren't for resale there but they still are according to the news.

It is already being quickly forgotten what the event is about - people will profiteer re-selling tickets, the stars will make all kinds of bizarre demands about what should be provided for them and they'll argue about who appears when and how long they get and those who go will mostly think it's just a big concert. Still, it's all in a good cause eh, reducing African poverty etc.

OzTennis
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
Think Bob's being a bit of a hypocrite though, he's a millionaire, why doesn't he donate some of his cash to the cause. Don't think he has a leg to stand on really.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I feel that I have to defend Bob Geldof. Yes, he is a millionaire but he has worked hard for his money no doubt.

He does not have to organise this concert nor did he the last one. He did however choose to do something when so many others choose to ignore the situation.

to Bob Geldof. He is a credit to the country and his children.

Tracey.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:05 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Sorry, but I feel that I have to defend Bob Geldof. Yes, he is a millionaire but he has worked hard for his money no doubt.

He does not have to organise this concert nor did he the last one. He did however choose to do something when so many others choose to ignore the situation.

to Bob Geldof. He is a credit to the country and his children.

Tracey.
Here , here Tracey.D. bOB WAS A GREAT MUSICIAN TOO but his work for the poorer ppl of the world is a credit to our nation
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:06 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Did Bob "The Ego" really think there wouldn't be profiteering out of this...

The Oirish eh, gotta love' em.
thats Saint Bob to you
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Think Bob's being a bit of a hypocrite though, he's a millionaire, why doesn't he donate some of his cash to the cause. Don't think he has a leg to stand on really.
And how do you know he hasn't donated cash to the cause? Just cos he doesn't shout about how much he gives to charity doesn't mean he doesn't give He spends his life campaigning for Africa and travelling around Africa to try and help and therefore does far more than the majority of the world.

I don't have a problem with people selling them though, but I don't know why they tried to get tickets in the first place if they didn't want them It's not like Live 8 is a fund raiser it's just a wake up call.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Three words...

Supply and demand.

Yeah, and eBay did a quick turn around when Sir Bob announced 'Boycott eBay'. All of a sudden, 'supply and demand' went out the window, eBay panicked and started deleting all the auctions.

eBay gives in

I must be a closet communist or something, but I love to see large arrogant corporations forced into a uturn

JTL
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
Here , here Tracey.D. bOB WAS A GREAT MUSICIAN TOO but his work for the poorer ppl of the world is a credit to our nation
Our nation? Are you Irish?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Three words...

Supply and demand.

Those same 3 words and the fact that westerners can make money re-selling tickets to what is meant to be a fund raising event for the poorest nations sums up in a nutshell why there is a need for such an event!

Here 'we' are in the best of the world's climate with the best of the world's natural resources, the least of the world's natural disasters and diseases, deserts and jungles saying its 'supply and demand', now run away and let us enjoy this great concert (in our clothes and shoes made in sweat shops in poorer nations).

I'm with the others. 'I don't like Mondays' either but Geldof has done a remarkably good job. Great credit too to that other wonderful Irish ambassador, Paul Hewson (a.k.a in his other guise as BonoVox or good voice).

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.