Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 15th 2005, 4:59 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Wink ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Hi Guys,
I was just wondering who my neighbours may be We are hoping to be on the sunshine coast not sure where yet but want to meet and chat to people about their experiences and get to know them
Then when (I know if!!!!) we get there ...... all round ours for a barbie and
Jane xx
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering who my neighbours may be We are hoping to be on the sunshine coast not sure where yet but want to meet and chat to people about their experiences and get to know them
Jane xx

good luck mate!!!!! my thread has died a death now if you get loads of replies how paranoid will i be!?!?!!?
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:13 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
good luck mate!!!!! my thread has died a death now if you get loads of replies how paranoid will i be!?!?!!?

PMSL i've answered you Jac
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alan and sam
PMSL i've answered you Jac

i know mate - im so excited!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

wibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,
Jane xx
Hi Jane,
Both myself and my wife Lin are hoping to get to Maroochydore before Christmas.

If we are successful we will be back online and take you up on that

Paul and Lin
Old Oct 15th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys,
Jane xx
hi, we were originally thinking of perth but have now decided on queensland ?brisbane or sunshine coast. have only just sent off visa app so are in early stages though. sold one car and have another car and property to sell yet. hope to see you there! good luck. selina.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 6:58 pm
Banned

morrelllinda is on a distinguished road

Hello there

Never mind who is going to live on the Sunshine Coast who is already living on the Sunshine Coast is the question.

Hi I am Linda and emigrated here 2003 my husband and I are living on Mount Ninderry overlooking Mount Coolum. We came from Runswick Bay in the UK where I used to run a very successful B&B. Life on the sunshine coast is paradise. Bit rainy today but generally every day is sunny.

I have some friends who recently emigrated to Melbourne and they told me they had great difficulty in the transitition period from arriving and getting there new life up and running. I helped where I could but not being to familiar with Victoria and not living down there they struggled on there own with a few issues.

It was suggested to me to register on the Expat register and see if I can help all you weary travellers coming to Qld. I am in the process of arranging a web site to show what we can offer. A friendly face to meet people arriving was the big thing. Getting people organised in the initial couple of days of their arrival, and longer if necessary.
Helping newcomers to understand the rules and regulations of this State and pointing people in the right direction with regards to any issues they might find daunting. Accomodation - Car hire and buying cars - Registering cars - buying houses - Solicitors - Medicare - all the stuff you know so well in the UK is always a little different here. Believe me we found that out for ourselves.

We have accomodation here for up to 4 people - it is the end annex of our house and would be like a Boutique 2 Bedroom appartment with sea views, with all the mod cons. We are 10 mins from the beach 5 mins from the main H/Way in an excellent position to peruse the whole area. It is tranquil, with swimming pool large patio and a huge rainforest with resident ducks and roos, the lorikeets come daily and the black cockatoos come to tell us when the rain is due. All in all its paradise. We know lots of expats and have got a wide variety of Australian friends so as you can imagine life is wonderful.

Do you think this idea of helping people with the transition of leaving the UK arriving in Australia and the interim settling down period would be a good idea. I wont be able to take children below the age of 15 as we have a huge lagoon which would be rather dangerous, plus it is more Boutique accomodation not suitable for families with children.

Pleas let me know your thoughts as these ideas are in the early stages and we would value you comment.
Regards Linda
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by morrelllinda
Hello there

Never mind who is going to live on the Sunshine Coast who is already living on the Sunshine Coast is the question.

Hi I am Linda and emigrated here 2003 my husband and I are living on Mount Ninderry overlooking Mount Coolum. We came from Runswick Bay in the UK where I used to run a very successful B&B. Life on the sunshine coast is paradise. Bit rainy today but generally every day is sunny.

I have some friends who recently emigrated to Melbourne and they told me they had great difficulty in the transitition period from arriving and getting there new life up and running. I helped where I could but not being to familiar with Victoria and not living down there they struggled on there own with a few issues.

It was suggested to me to register on the Expat register and see if I can help all you weary travellers coming to Qld. I am in the process of arranging a web site to show what we can offer. A friendly face to meet people arriving was the big thing. Getting people organised in the initial couple of days of their arrival, and longer if necessary.
Helping newcomers to understand the rules and regulations of this State and pointing people in the right direction with regards to any issues they might find daunting. Accomodation - Car hire and buying cars - Registering cars - buying houses - Solicitors - Medicare - all the stuff you know so well in the UK is always a little different here. Believe me we found that out for ourselves.

We have accomodation here for up to 4 people - it is the end annex of our house and would be like a Boutique 2 Bedroom appartment with sea views, with all the mod cons. We are 10 mins from the beach 5 mins from the main H/Way in an excellent position to peruse the whole area. It is tranquil, with swimming pool large patio and a huge rainforest with resident ducks and roos, the lorikeets come daily and the black cockatoos come to tell us when the rain is due. All in all its paradise. We know lots of expats and have got a wide variety of Australian friends so as you can imagine life is wonderful.

Do you think this idea of helping people with the transition of leaving the UK arriving in Australia and the interim settling down period would be a good idea. I wont be able to take children below the age of 15 as we have a huge lagoon which would be rather dangerous, plus it is more Boutique accomodation not suitable for families with children.

Pleas let me know your thoughts as these ideas are in the early stages and we would value you comment.
Regards Linda
hi, i know of a few places offering the same service mainly in brisbane though. i'm sure that once a few people have stayed with you and can recommend you, you should do well. what are you thinking of charging?
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:12 pm
Banned

Havent got to that stage yet like I say still in the early stages.

Probably something on the grounds of B&B which I am familiar with. Rough estimate $110 - $120 per night but for week bookings obviously the price would be cheaper. Like I say its pretty up market and I could charge a lot but I think if we are realistic then people will be more than willing to spread the word.

Do you think this is to much ???? I suppose it depends on the circumstances of the individuals.

Regards Linda
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Havent got to that stage yet like I say still in the early stages.

Probably something on the grounds of B&B which I am familiar with. Rough estimate $110 - $120 per night but for week bookings obviously the price would be cheaper. Like I say its pretty up market and I could charge a lot but I think if we are realistic then people will be more than willing to spread the word.

Do you think this is to much ???? I suppose it depends on the circumstances of the individuals.

Regards Linda
hi, not sure on prices as i have not got to that stage yet myself. i know mrs dagboy on here does the same thing, i think in brisbane and charges 650 aus dollars for 1-2 weeks stays and it is cheaper the longer you stay. i think that is for a 3 bed house but i'm not really sure. if you do a search on here you will find it. hope that helps. selina.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:41 pm
Banned

Thanks for that will have a look see whats she is offering.

Hope all goes well with your plans, If we can help in anyway let us know we are pretty well versed around here now, and know most of the ins and outs. Maroochydore is great shopping place. The Maroochy river is just magic.
Bye for now Linda
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that will have a look see whats she is offering.

Hope all goes well with your plans, If we can help in anyway let us know we are pretty well versed around here now, and know most of the ins and outs. Maroochydore is great shopping place. The Maroochy river is just magic.
Bye for now Linda
maybe i could be your first customer, you never know! good luck. selina
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:36 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Just looked at your post...... you DID get some replies see no need to feel left out ..... So you will be one of our neighbours then lol Better start my guest list
Jane x
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:38 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by wibbers
Hi Jane,
Both myself and my wife Lin are hoping to get to Maroochydore before Christmas.

If we are successful we will be back online and take you up on that

Paul and Lin

Hi Paul and Lin,
Excellent have you sold everything or are you taking it all with you?? Good luck on your move and too right when I get there will are going to have one hell of a so you are invited
Jane x
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:46 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Wink Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by selina
hi, we were originally thinking of perth but have now decided on queensland ?brisbane or sunshine coast. have only just sent off visa app so are in early stages though. sold one car and have another car and property to sell yet. hope to see you there! good luck. selina.

Hi selina,
We have House cars furniture all sorts to sell so we too are going to be some time........ Our Visa is in and we are now just waiting for med req But once we have done all that we will go to Sunshine coast and have a real good look around then decide where we will settle.... this forum is soooo great though as you get lots of different opinions on areas etc... but nothing is the same unless you have been there yourself.... You know what its like, people like different things eh !! Anyway we are just in limbo now waiting for that all important answer.... trying to make plans for what is hopfully our last xmas in uk for a few years.... What to get kids (not too big so we can fit it all in !!!) ..... Well you are on my guestlist too , Good luck with your visa keep us posted
Jane x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.