** Sydney or Brisbane, Sydney or Brisbane??? **

** Sydney or Brisbane, Sydney or Brisbane??? **

Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:29 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road
Talking ** Sydney or Brisbane, Sydney or Brisbane??? **

Where shall we move to??

Sydney or Brissy?

Been to both, preferred north of Sydney (Manly etc), but hearing good reports about Brisbane. Moving in about 2 months.

Quick question - Where shall we move to?!??!

Thanks!

http://www.StandUpSpeakUp.co.uk
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:51 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: ** Sydney or Brisbane, Sydney or Brisbane??? **

Originally Posted by djdutts
Where shall we move to??

Sydney or Brissy?

Been to both, preferred north of Sydney (Manly etc), but hearing good reports about Brisbane. Moving in about 2 months.

Thanks!

Hiya Djdutts,

Why no try both?
Not at the same time, you could rent for a couple / 6 months and move.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 5th 2005, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Where shall we move to??

Sydney or Brissy?

Thanks!

Its not a decision anyone on this forum can make for you. Depends on what work you are looking for, what housing you can afford, what criteria are important in your life.

If you make a list of what you want, and how much you can afford, then you might get more helpful suggestions.

Your original post will just get 'Sydney is great'/'Brisbane is great' replies.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 5th 2005, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Where shall we move to??

Sydney or Brissy?

Thanks!

Should think it is a question of finding a job, cost of living. Brisbane - fewer job oportunities, lower pay, but cheaper housing,cost of living, can u live with v. high humidity-
Sydney- more work (possibly), more pay, very expensive housing and higher cost of living
Old Mar 5th 2005, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Your original post will just get 'Sydney is great'/'Brisbane is great' replies.

Oh the other typical response is

'why not try Melbourne its great' or ' You're mad, Perth is the place to be'.

People need to know your requirements before they can give a helpful advice,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 5th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: ** Sydney or Brisbane, Sydney or Brisbane??? **

Where shall we move to??

Sydney or Brissy?

Thanks!

Hi
we are in the same situation as yourselves, hoping to move in a few months and have the dilemma of choosing between Central Coast (about an hour north of Sydney) and West Brisbane.

I have been offered jobs in both of these areas as a skilled toolmaker, my wife is a mental health nurse and we have a 14 year old daughter. We could probably afford a house costing up to $500,000, does anybody know what type of property we could buy for this amount in each of these areas, and what the cost of living is like in comparison to each area.

The wages I have been offered for the jobs are $40,000 (Brisbane) and $46,000 (Central Coast), looking at posts this seems to be a pittance to live on. Is this correct?

We would be grateful for any advice regarding 'fors' or 'againsts' in either of these areas, and what suburbs are the nicest to live in and which to avoid.

Thanks

Poolman
Old Mar 5th 2005, 11:44 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by poolman
Hi
we are in the same situation as yourselves, hoping to move in a few months and have the dilemma of choosing between Central Coast (about an hour north of Sydney) and West Brisbane.

I have been offered jobs in both of these areas as a skilled toolmaker, my wife is a mental health nurse and we have a 14 year old daughter. We could probably afford a house costing up to $500,000, does anybody know what type of property we could buy for this amount in each of these areas, and what the cost of living is like in comparison to each area.
When you say "West Brisbane", how far west ?
This one is 32km west at Flinders View $485,000

Old Mar 6th 2005, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

We did 18 months in Qld, Gold Coast/Brisbane area and hated it. We then moved to Sydney and love it.

Houses are very expensive here though. A 1 bedroom flat in Manly is $550K. A 1 bedder in Dee Why about $300K. As for me, I would rather live in a shack in Sydney.

Queenie

Where shall we move to??

Sydney or Brissy?

Thanks!

Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by queenie
We did 18 months in Qld, Gold Coast/Brisbane area and hated it. We then moved to Sydney and love it. Queenie
Queenie's comment and my comment should confirm that only YOU will be able to tell which you prefer.

I spent many years in Sydney, and never felt settled, i've been in SE QLD for 2 years, and love it here

Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:19 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Queenie's comment and my comment should confirm that only YOU will be able to tell which you prefer.

I spent many years in Sydney, and never felt settled, i've been in SE QLD for 2 years, and love it here

I've been to Melbourne,Sydney and Brisbane the first two I loved Instantly the latter I didn't like at all.

So again alll down to personal choice
Old Mar 6th 2005, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fraser
I've been to Melbourne,Sydney and Brisbane the first two I loved Instantly the latter I didn't like at all.

So again alll down to personal choice

So thats 2 hate brisbane and 1 loves brisbane, sorry I mean Viccy point

As I said, the question is too generic until you know what you want.

I loved working in Melbourne, enjoyed my short stay in Sydney, and am having a great time Brisbane. I think the key is researching what you want and what areas you are thinking of going to. If you don't do a mad 'leap of faith', then you'll know what to expect.Do some research on jobs, suburbs, house prices, schools(if appropriate), beaches, parks, commutes and so on. There is loads of info on this forum if you do a search on specific suburbs.

It makes an incredible difference if you get here knowing what areas you want to concentrate on. Its the difference between renting for a year or buying in 3 months

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Mar 6th 2005 at 12:39 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:27 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: ** Sydney or Brisbane, Sydney or Brisbane??? **

OK.

So, here's what we'd like, advice on the best place would be appreciated.....

Near to coast/beach. Preferably within 10mins drive. Apparantly, Brisbane doesn't have any good beaches, so I suppose that's one up for Sydney.

Houses - Can afford to rent at about $450 per week. Don't want units or flats, defo need a house.

Location - We do like Sydney and the city is nice. Love all the restaurants, cosmopolitan feel etc.

Climate - Doesn't matter. Would love the weather in Brisbane, but is it too hot? Only stayed there for 1 week before. We can handle hot, no probs.

Work - Would obviously prefer better opportunities and better pay, but does the cost of living in Sydney (we'd like to go to Dee Why, Balgowlah, Seaforth, Harbord, Manly etc) make it worthwhile.

AARRGGHHH!! Where would we prefer?!

Chris
http://www.StandupSpeakup.co.uk
Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
When you say "West Brisbane", how far west ?
This one is 32km west at Flinders View $485,000
abcdiamond we can find this out on realestate.com.au
any further advice would be welcome
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:49 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
So thats 2 hate brisbane and 1 loves brisbane, sorry I mean Viccy point

As I said, the question is too generic until you know what you want.
That's actually a good point, i'm not even sure I would like to live in Brisbane itself. But here on the outskirts, well..

Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by poolman
abcdiamond we can find this out on realestate.com.au
any further advice would be welcome
I agree, www.realestate.com.au is very good for checking prices in suburbs, once you have an idea were you want to be.

How far West were you considering ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.