Reload this Page >

** Meet For People Going To Sydney In May/June Ish **

** Meet For People Going To Sydney In May/June Ish **

Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:25 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road
Smile ** Meet For People Going To Sydney In May/June Ish **

Hello all

We're emigrating and moving to Sydney in about May time - hoping to live in and around Manly (Balgowlah, Dee Why, Fairlight, Harbord, Seaforth etc etc).

We're a nice couple ( :scared: ), me 31 and the missus 30, and easy to get along with. we love our food and drink, eating out, nice wine and beer (!) etc.

Wilson the hooligan cat (named after the ball in Castaway) is coming with us as well - reckon she (yes Wilson is a she) will be well happy there, rolling about in the sun, chasing wierd insects....

Anyhow, is anyone in the same situation as us? Eg Emigrating about that time, same sort of age group etc?

If so, reply to this forum and we'll see if we can all meet up before we go and when we get there. Always helpful to have friends - especially when it's SUCH a big move!

Cheers all

Chris, Anna & Wilson (sleeping at the mo)
http://www.StandupSpeakup.co.uk
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:47 am
Jaffacake

Default Re: ** Meet For People Going To Sydney In May/June Ish **

Originally Posted by djdutts
Hello all

We're emigrating and moving to Sydney in about May time - hoping to live in and around Manly (Balgowlah, Dee Why, Fairlight, Harbord, Seaforth etc etc).

We're a nice couple ( :scared: ), me 31 and the missus 30, and easy to get along with. we love our food and drink, eating out, nice wine and beer (!) etc.

Wilson the hooligan cat (named after the ball in Castaway) is coming with us as well - reckon she (yes Wilson is a she) will be well happy there, rolling about in the sun, chasing wierd insects....

Anyhow, is anyone in the same situation as us? Eg Emigrating about that time, same sort of age group etc?

If so, reply to this forum and we'll see if we can all meet up before we go and when we get there. Always helpful to have friends - especially when it's SUCH a big move!

Cheers all

You are heading to a great place. Its really beautiful in this area and I dont think you'll be disappointed. There are plenty of expats in the same age group and I'm sure you'll fit in well if you like a beer or two. Manly hasnt changed much in the last five years except tarted up a bit. Youll notice a change in Dee Why ( alot more units gone up). Dont listen to Victor Meldrew go on about manly. He never stops moaning!

Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
as u know my bf and i r moving to oz on may 1st. we r travelling for a bit and dont plan to be in the manly/dee why area to settle until end of june/early july, but we r up for a meet and a few beers. u have my e-mail so keep in touch. have a nice sunday.
cheers for now

Hello all

Cheers all

Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:52 am
Banned

Hello again threlly!

Yep - remember us communicating! Thanks.

Can you just remind me of your email address please mate?

TA
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Hello all

Cheers all

Hi,

I am 31, will be moving to Manly, however more likely to be moving sometime between July and September, although I am popping over for 2 weeks in April to validate and do some searching around Manly for property, jobs, cars etc.

More than happy to meet up , I will be at the next Bristol/South West meet, and also the London meet in a couple of weeks and possibly the Sandown meet on the Saturday. Otherwise, happy to travel and meet up with other potential Sydneysiders.

regards

Alex
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:33 pm
Banned

Thanks Alex - let me know your email address (private message) and we'll sort something out.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

PinkGlam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Me and boyfriend are moving over to Sydney, arriving on 2nd May and looking at living in similar areas to those you mentioned, we would love to meet up with people who are in the same situation, either here in the UK or once we have arrived in Sydney.

cheers
Michelle
Old Feb 27th 2005, 2:56 pm
Banned

Hi Michelle

Great to hear from you - please send me a private msg with your email address and we'll sort something out!

Really good to get your reply - hopefully us Sydney Spring newbies (or winter over there) can meet up and help us all settle in

Thanks mate

Chris
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:22 pm
Merlot

Hi Michelle

Great to hear from you - please send me a private msg with your email address and we'll sort something out!

Really good to get your reply - hopefully us Sydney Spring newbies (or winter over there) can meet up and help us all settle in

Thanks mate

Chris
Chris

I am quite amazed you write "Thanks mate" then in another thread go on to call someone a "Tw*t", someone you have not met, just because they were having a tough time in Australia?

Power cuts happen in Sydney too.

Merlot

Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:56 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Chris

I am quite amazed you write "Thanks mate" then in another thread go on to call someone a "Tw*t", someone you have not met, just because they were having a tough time in Australia?

Power cuts happen in Sydney too.

Merlot
hey Merlot, i think u stopped this thread dead on it feet
great question
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:28 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by soapy
hey Merlot, i think u stopped this thread dead on it feet
great question
Didn't mean too, opps!

Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

Hi there
My husband (31) and I (32) are due to arrive in Sydney in October and would love to meet up. We intend to live in the Northern suburbs and would be up for a drink or 2 when we get there.
Would be great to meet all of you.
Just have a house to sell now!
Parker
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:40 pm
Banned

Hello!

More than welcome!

Please send me a private message with your email address and we'll keep in touch.

Cheers