Reload this Page >

** Best Shipping For Cat! **

** Best Shipping For Cat! **

Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:07 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road
Default ** Best Shipping For Cat! **

Hello

I know there are forums on here for shipping the cat, but I just need a few of questions answered - from people that have actually shipped a cat to Oz.

We're going to live near Sydney (north shores) in about three months and have a 2 yr old hooligan cat.

(1) Who is the best shipping people to use?
(2) Does anyone know of any bad experiences from other people with certain companies?
(3) Am I right in it costing about £1000 (~$2500 AUD)
(4) Quarantine can be in Sydney and is about six weeks?

THANKS ALL!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:13 am
rudo1ph

Default Re: ** Best Shipping For Cat! **

Originally Posted by djdutts
Hello

I know there are forums on here for shipping the cat, but I just need a few of questions answered - from people that have actually shipped a cat to Oz.

We're going to live near Sydney (north shores) in about three months and have a 2 yr old hooligan cat.

(1) Who is the best shipping people to use?
(2) Does anyone know of any bad experiences from other people with certain companies?
(3) Am I right in it costing about £1000 (~$2500 AUD)
(4) Quarantine can be in Sydney and is about six weeks?

THANKS ALL!

Can't help with shipping companies - we took ours to Singapore before coming here with them........

Quarantine is only 30 days and it's in a place called Eastern Creek which is west of Sydney. Not too far out though.

Good luck - I expect other people will be able to help with other questions.

Rudi

Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:14 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Thanks!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:39 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We used a company called Golden Arrow shippers to move our cat Joshua and they were absolutely brilliant with him.

He became very ill while in their care, we were in Australia by then, he had a chronic inner ear infection and the way they cared for him was completely above and beyond the call of duty.

They are based in Shropshire and their number is, 01588 680240.

Good luck.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

We are using Pinehawk- we wanted to use Golden Arrow but the logistics of getting them from Cambridge to Shropshire was a bit of a nightmare- I spoke to the man at Golden Arrow ( he was lovely) and he recommended Pinehawk as they are based in Newmarket.

Our cats will be at Spotwood quarantine centre and they have to stay for 30 days.

In total the cost including quarantine for 2 cats is just under £2000.

Its very expensive but we could never leave them behind.

Nat