Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

hi

we go a week on thursday!!!!!!

me debbie 38, glenn 35, josh 13 and shelby 11.

getting very stressed now as we have started those hateful goodbyes

could quite easily say that we wont go at this minute ..but i know it is only guilt talking...

never thought it would hit me this way.

but on the other hand we are SO EXCITED!!!!!

we are going to rockingham, have a short term rental in warnbro and we will see from there.

see you all soon

debbie
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi Peeps
Moving back to Perth (fly out 15th Jan) looking this time at Joondalup / Currambine / Jindalee / Butler - somewhere up there anyway....
Dan- 35 Ali - 37 Holly -9 and Harvey -6 oh and Jet the dog - 3
See you there!!!
Dtp
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by missa
We have the same problem bluekipper

The 14yr old continues to tell me on a regular basis that he doesn't want to go & that it will be too hot for him!! & the 18yr old is jumping at the chance. Unfortunatly he is working, only an apprentice, so we are having to prove that he is dependant on us. He is determined to come with us even if he doesn't get on our visa!! Wish the 14yr old thought along them lines
Bev
Bev I really feel for you,although we tell our 13 yr old regulary we will be going bk to OZ I dont think at the bk of her mind she thinks it will happen! well i know shes hoping it wont happen,lol
Definately get your 18 yr old on your visa`s if you can,, I wouldnt go with out my girls,,I admire ppl who can leave older ones behind but hubby says either we all go or no-one goes! lucky enough our eldest is on the visa`s as we got them in 2006.

Bluekipper
were are you hoping to settle in Perth Bev, Im looking at Joondaloop
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

were hoping to go in '09, it just depends if we sell our house, after 7 weeks and no viewers its not looking likely for some time, but we hope to be in carramar area when it does.Really sick of being in limbo all the time, fro tra application to getting the grant to selling up, cant do anything but hang in there and plod on, quite frustrating.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:44 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Bev I really feel for you,although we tell our 13 yr old regulary we will be going bk to OZ I dont think at the bk of her mind she thinks it will happen! well i know shes hoping it wont happen,lol
Definately get your 18 yr old on your visa`s if you can,, I wouldnt go with out my girls,,I admire ppl who can leave older ones behind but hubby says either we all go or no-one goes! lucky enough our eldest is on the visa`s as we got them in 2006.

Bluekipper
were are you hoping to settle in Perth Bev, Im looking at Joondaloop
Its Joondalup!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
Its Joondalup!

oh you there are you haha
sorry for spelling mistake

Bluekipper
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:48 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone

Good idea for this thread.

We are still in the process of waiting for visa yes and inputting the TRN number on a daily basis (tee hee) but hope to be accepted soon applied April do have a case officer just waiting on meds clearing and then hopefully its decision time.

All being well we are planning on heading to Carramar too. My mum and dad currently live there and they love it. My Sister is in Currambine and she likes it there too. We are planning on moving in with mum and dad initially - been 3 times now and we all love it that is what the kids want for xmas to move to Australia. I am quite lucky think Ive got kids at a good age that they cant wait to go

Hubby and I just talking that if our visa was to be accepted soon??? whether to go before christmas or after???

A new life in the sunshine - can't wait - Chris 38, Wendy 34, Scott 9 and Rebecca 8 x
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Chris 1386 who is we hun, names???lol just trying to comile some sort of list for everyone.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Danny B
I'm curious why the majority of people decide on Perth? Is there more work in Perth or is it because houses are cheaper?

What's the attraction?

Perth is supposedly the most remotest city in the world with Adelaide being 2,000kms away. Is that the reason it's so popular?
I don't think the houses are particularly cheap or the jobs very plentiful but the dry heat means it's better than Darwin or Brisbane, Sydney is a lot like London so we didn't want to go there, Melbourne is a similar climate to the UK which left us with Hobart or Adelaide.....
So we came to Perth
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Perth just an all round better place to be hun, it has everything we need there, esp for bringing up kids in a safe secure enviroment. Much better than a busy city anyday! Surrounding suburbs are loads better than anywhere else in Oz, but thats my view, other people may differ.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

kangaroo.bruce is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the_nanny_uk2
Perth just an all round better place to be hun, it has everything we need there, esp for bringing up kids in a safe secure enviroment. Much better than a busy city anyday! Surrounding suburbs are loads better than anywhere else in Oz, but thats my view, other people may differ.

hi jo it's bruce ( daz ) lol

i am hoping to be in perth myself by next july.

i was thinking of going to butler, or ridgewood nor to live so will see you there on one of these meets.

ps

oh by the way i think the wife & kids are coming also

(darren 38, sarah 39, ellie 12, looby 7 )
Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

penny and gary is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
we are hoping to be in perth 2009
gary 45 penny 40, owen 17 and demi 15

it would be nice to meet up with some one with kids similar age .
looking to rent ashby,tapping,carramar.

Last edited by penny and gary; Oct 19th 2008 at 4:45 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:53 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice

My wife and Daughter leave on the 2nd of Jan and leaving me here as our house has not sold yet!!!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ASHO
My wife and Daughter leave on the 2nd of Jan and leaving me here as our house has not sold yet!!!!!!
Hi Asho, Welcome to the thread. What are your names hun and where do you think you'll settle in Perth?

Sounds like your wife has a good plan,lol. kidding
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

blackjack041 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the_nanny_uk2
Hi Asho, Welcome to the thread. What are your names hun and where do you think you'll settle in Perth?

Sounds like your wife has a good plan,lol. kidding
Hi, we are planning to move to Rockingham area mid Jan 09. Be great to meet up once over there. Can't wait!

Pete (33), Laura (30), Joseph (9), Thomas (7), Cadence (4).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.