Reload this Page >

*****MEDICALS & POLICE CHECK??*****

*****MEDICALS & POLICE CHECK??*****

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:11 pm
Dan&Bex

danbex85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation *****MEDICALS & POLICE CHECK??*****

Hi,

I have my residency visa and my wife is currently applying for her spouse visa but we were wondering if we need to get the medicals and police check done before we send the visa off or do we get told when to do it by immigration once the visa application has been submitted?

Also, does anyone know if we need to send any proof of our relationship with our visa or do they simply accept the fact that we are married as proof of our relationship?

PLEASE HELP!!

Dan & Bex
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:49 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: *****MEDICALS & POLICE CHECK??*****

Originally Posted by danbex85
Hi,

I have my residency visa and my wife is currently applying for her spouse visa but we were wondering if we need to get the medicals and police check done before we send the visa off or do we get told when to do it by immigration once the visa application has been submitted?

Also, does anyone know if we need to send any proof of our relationship with our visa or do they simply accept the fact that we are married as proof of our relationship?

PLEASE HELP!!

Dan & Bex
Have you sent a certified copy of your marriage certificate? If so then thats enough.
You send your applications away 1st then you will be notified when to get your medicals and Police checks done.The police checks can take up to 40 days from applying and recieving them but you get about 50 days to complete this stage.
The medicals,you should book asap once being asked to sit them.

We needed an extension to our application date as the police lost our checks and wouldnt talk to us until 40 days were up!
Then they told us they sent them to us 3 weeks previously,so as they were lost,we got a new set sent the next day,so if things dont go to plan,dont panic!Lol.

Good Luck

Brido
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:36 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

PLEASE HELP!!

Dan & Bex
I'm currently applying for a spouse visa too as my OH is now a citizen!!
I've printed all the necessary forms from the internet, and have read them several times but have'nt actually filled them in yet. I have sent off for my police check though and enquired about medicals too at the doctors local to me off the official list.
If you need any more information then I could tell you the revelent links you need......... C x
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

PLEASE HELP!!

Dan & Bex
Spouse visas are usually so quick and so its OK to front load them (that is send the meds and police check with the application).

For a Spouse Visa you definitely need proof of the relationship,as listed in the Partner booklet on www.immi.gov.au. A marriage certificate won't be enough to get a spouse visa.