Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Yorks to Melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ****************

Hi everybody, this is my 1st post, we are planning on moving to Melbourne & are about to sign with an agreement with Immgration Unit based in Egham, has anybody any feedback (good or bad) on this organisation? We have been informed we could have a visa within 5 to 7 months (student visa) GF is to re-train on a 2 year course (Hairdressing) & I am going as de-facto & applying for a full time work visa on arrival.

Regards,

Nigel M
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ****************

Hi - welcome to the site. I am a newbie too and have had a lovely welcome.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from my own research into student visas, I thought;
1. You could only apply 4 months before the start of the course.
2. Unless you were studying a Masters course, spouses can only work for 20 hours a week.

As I said I could be wrong, can anyone else comment?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I think the name has been blanked out because this company do not like to be discussed on this forum. Draw your own conclusions....

I would steer clear given what I have been able to piece together from other posts but alternatively why not talk to other agents before making any decision. If you want one in the UK, try Ian Harrop or GoMatilda. Or you could try George Lombard in Australia. All have very good reputations on here.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Yorks to Melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply, I will dig out the paperwork & post which visa's we are applying for!
I have spoken to other agents, albeit not those mentioned & got the impression that they could not offer the same service???

Last edited by Yorks to Melbourne; Aug 20th 2007 at 4:28 pm. Reason: Replies
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Each to his own, but I'd go for an agent who came recommended rather than one that feels a need to prevent discussion about their service.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:08 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

If thats the migration agent I think it is, they have been discussed many times before..........................

All agents can provide the same service. Its the cost and level of attention to you as the client that differ. The emphasis is cost.

Use an agent who will work for a FIXED FEE. I cant stress that enough. Dont get sucked into anything else.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Just wondering why are you going through an agent for a student visa? I applied online using the evisa forms, look online and you will find them, it was really simple and it took less than 2 months from start to finish, could have been quicker but we had to travel to Madrid for our medicals. I confirmed my enrolement at a hairdressing college and they sent me the COE number and away you go. You are unfortunately only allowed to work 20 hours per week so be prepared for a tight couple of years, especially if you have children as you also have to pay school fees, not too sure if this applies in every state but you do in Queensland. But after all that my husband has been offered a job in Brisbane and we will start the process of a 457 visa shortly. Anyway good luck, agent or not.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:42 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree with Louie, why doesn't this company like people discussing them?!

I wouldn't use them, I would recomment GoMatilda and ThinkingAustralia .
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The company in question has requested that their name should not appear on BE, and they do not wish their services to be discussed. Therefore, I apologise to the OP, but I am closing the thread.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 20th 2007 at 9:26 pm.