Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

%POMS = High % Graffiti

%POMS = High % Graffiti

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Parsnips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default %POMS = High % Graffiti

Its not my plan to start a slagging match but I regularly hear from "run of the mill aussies" from Perth and the WA country that they don`t like the northern suburbs because they are Graffiti riddled - gangs of kids sitting on corners - and hi vandalism rate and they blame the high % poms.

Personally I would prefer to goto say Joondalup than an old suburb to go shopping because Australia couldn`t design a birthday cake in the 70's - therefore the newer suburbs are nicer/lighter area places to go.

BUT I do think that there is alot of graffiti in the northern suburbs - and I DO sense a bit of Brit youth culture there.

I hope the sun burns it out of them within a few years.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:56 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: %POMS = High % Graffiti

Blame the migrant culture is not confined to the UK.

Heavens forbid we might have to look at modern society, parental responsibility and plain old upbringing.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:03 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parsnips
Its not my plan to start a slagging match but I regularly hear from "run of the mill aussies" from Perth and the WA country that they don`t like the northern suburbs because they are Graffiti riddled - gangs of kids sitting on corners - and hi vandalism rate and they blame the high % poms.
Personally I would prefer to goto say Joondalup than an old suburb to go shopping because Australia couldn`t design a birthday cake in the 70's - therefore the newer suburbs are nicer/lighter area places to go.

BUT I do think that there is alot of graffiti in the northern suburbs - and I DO sense a bit of Brit youth culture there.

As someone who live in the northern suburbs, I have never seen this - yes there is graffiti but its a small amount and gets cleaned up quickly. Never seen gangs of kids hanging out on street corners, but have groups of kids playing in the local parks.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I would hardly call it riddled with graffiti here in the Northern subs, but i have seen a fair amount.
It doesnt seem to last long though as it is cleaned off very quickly. I dont think it can all be blamed on the poms though ! there are lots of different nationalities here as well ! funny enough, Aussies !

Nicky
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Parsnips is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes - sometimes they don`t know how lucky they are!!

However - under 20s should not be allowed real wheel drive cars - but thats a different story!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:35 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

However - under 20s should not be allowed real wheel drive cars - but thats a different story!
Yup, that Lewis Hamilton got caught speeding in France, he should be taught a lesson.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

At what age do people forget how they behaved when in their teens? At what age do people suddenly start noticing stuff around them that they never noticed before? At what age do people see something small and exaggerate it to mammoth proportions? Serious questions, I'm interested Maybe I should do a poll.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:46 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
At what age do people forget how they behaved when in their teens? At what age do people suddenly start noticing stuff around them that they never noticed before? At what age do people see something small and exaggerate it to mammoth proportions? Serious questions, I'm interested Maybe I should do a poll.
Maybe some people get so dissatisfied with their own lives, realise that they don't have the motivation to change and that they have to blame something else beyond their control for their malaise?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:26 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Maybe some people get so dissatisfied with their own lives, realise that they don't have the motivation to change and that they have to blame something else beyond their control for their malaise?
maybe they are just jealous at the fact that these kids have no responsibilities and can express themselves in such a way that is frowned upon in the adult world, and the fact they have no bills to pay.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

You've been watching too much A Current Affair.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:33 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
You've been watching too much A Current Affair.
never seen it.

it was a very rare moment of intelligence that i had. it wont happen again for another 28 years. thankfully.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Its not my plan to start a slagging match but I regularly hear from "run of the mill aussies" from Perth and the WA country that they don`t like the northern suburbs because they are Graffiti riddled - gangs of kids sitting on corners - and hi vandalism rate and they blame the high % poms
I personaly have never seen "Graffiti riddled - gangs of kids sitting on corners" but i have seen plenty of Graffiti on trains and buildings but not on kids .
As for gangs I would say there are plenty of groups of kids gathering everywhere, thats how teenagers bond more so in the Country towns because there is bugger all else for them to do. Hence the graffiti and Vandalism, in alot of Country Towns you will not find alot of "POMS" so how do they explain the the %POMS = High %Graffiti ?

I have travelled alot of the world and the only place i have never seen any Graffiti is Singapore. Because there is a deterrant there

I blame it on the "Cave Men" they started it

John
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:16 am
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I personaly have never seen "Graffiti riddled - gangs of kids sitting on corners" but i have seen plenty of Graffiti on trains and buildings but not on kids .
As for gangs I would say there are plenty of groups of kids gathering everywhere, thats how teenagers bond more so in the Country towns because there is bugger all else for them to do. Hence the graffiti and Vandalism, in alot of Country Towns you will not find alot of "POMS" so how do they explain the the %POMS = High %Graffiti ?

I have travelled alot of the world and the only place i have never seen any Graffiti is Singapore. Because there is a deterrant there

I blame it on the "Cave Men" they started it

John
Cave men very good
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Do you mean Rear or real wheel drive cars ? If you do your the "run of the mill" aussie's from Perth WA and the country can't blame that on the % of POMS in the northern suburbs can they. Aussies love their V8's but i can't understand why

Dennis
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

All my instincts tell me that this has increased at the same time as all us poms pile into Perth and that can't be a coincidence. But I have no evidence whatsoever to support that and a couple of guys in court recently for a wave of graffiti on the new Mandurah line were Aussies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.