Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$Aussie to be "Proxy" strengthening Asian Currencies

$Aussie to be "Proxy" strengthening Asian Currencies

Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default $Aussie to be "Proxy" strengthening Asian Currencies

Europeans starting to whinge about the Yanks devaluing the $Yank by holding interest rates extraordinarily low:
Top central bankers caution against 'brutal' shifts in currency markets

Getting close to having squeezed the Euro dry, next the Yanks will take a more concerted swipe at Asian currencies - particularly pegged currencies.

Commonwealth Bank forcasts that $Aussie will be used as a proxy of Asian currencies by currency speculators .

$Aussie above $US 0.81 soon?

Last edited by Megalania; Jan 13th 2004 at 2:34 am.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:01 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $Aussie to be "Proxy" strengthening Asian Currencies

Originally posted by Megalania
Europeans starting to whinge about the Yanks devaluing the $Yank by holding interest rates extraordinarily low:

Getting close to having squeezed the Euro dry, next the Yanks will take a more concerted swipe at Asian currencies - particularly pegged currencies.

Commonwealth Bank forcasts that $Aussie will be used as a proxy for Asian currency speculators.

I've meet some Top Bankers in my time. However my ignornace of these contrived systems leaves me blank.

Please explain...
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:03 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

What do you want explained Pauline?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:11 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you want explained Pauline?
Why some Banker has their hand in me pocket. Fiddling with me dollars...
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:23 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
Why some Banker has their hand in me pocket. Fiddling with me dollars...
Well, the Yankees are Holy Rollers, while they have your mind on other things they will have their hand in your pocket playing with their real God.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 6:42 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Commonwealth Bank forcasts that $Aussie will be used as a proxy of Asian currencies by currency speculators .

Anyone know Soros' position. He was very much ahead of the game in Asia although he seems busy swiping at Bush.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:51 am
Banned

George Soros: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

2003 Nov 12: Financier Soros puts millions into ousting Bush

2003 Nov 29: Potted Soros Biography

2003 Dec 21: Soros shrinking from Dean

His position?
Who's Afraid of George Soros?

His exit point?
Getting rid of Bush?

Last edited by Megalania; Jan 13th 2004 at 7:55 am.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if I'm being thick but does this mean we can expect the $au to get even stronger against the £gb.

Cheers

Gazza
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:35 pm

Originally posted by gazza321
Sorry if I'm being thick but does this mean we can expect the $au to get even stronger against the £gb.

Cheers

Gazza
It means expect a rollercoaster.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats good if your prepared to jump off as it hits the bottom
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the feeling the US administration is enjoying the rest of the World (aka Europe & Asia) panicking?

Seems payback has been planned for a while and look at the domestic advantages in the run up to re-election. Make your own citizens feel good that their economy is booming while others are stagnating. A weaker dollar to continue, get a booming home economy & have the added enjoyment of hurting others

Read something recently that the World currency reserves held around the World are 70% US dollars, and should be around 30-40%. Will other Countries with these vast reserves sell them to bail out now and cause the dollar to freefall? Now thats another question for another day!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:09 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere

Read something recently that the World currency reserves held around the World are 70% US dollars, and should be around 30-40%.
The concomitant and perhaps more salient question is: what currency will these USD be sold for? Not GBP, anyway. I expect: mostly Euro plus some upweighting in various emerging mkt currencies and commodity currencies.

More GBP downside; more AUD/NZD upside.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:19 pm

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
The concomitant and perhaps more salient question is: what currency will these USD be sold for? Not GBP, anyway. I expect: mostly Euro plus some upweighting in various emerging mkt currencies and commodity currencies.

More GBP downside; more AUD/NZD upside.
There are some interesting developments on the enforcement of the stability pact for Eurozone countries. Seems like France and Germany want to do away with it. I am not sure how they are going to control government debt and if matters carry on the Euro will suffer.

The dollar will move to where the stock market and bond gains are to be made.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:55 am
Banned

During 2003, Asian central banks’ foreign exchange reserves rose $US 465 billion, or 33% to $US 1.9 trillion, with Japan and China together lifting reserves $US 320.7 billion, or nearly 69% of the total rise. While the December composition of Asian reserves is not available yet, probably at least 65% was in US dollars, mostly in US bonds. The pressure on Asian central banks to consider greater diversification of their reserves is building, partly
because there appears little likelihood of the decline in the US dollar ending soon, ...