Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is $55,000 a good wage or not?

Is $55,000 a good wage or not?

Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:35 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is $55,000 a good wage or not?

to be fair on the guy big difference in salaries between mines and Western Sydney.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:38 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Even if you came back to Aus on your previous offer a few years back your still not going to be living a flash lifestyle. To really get ahead in Australia you need two incomes, People who only have 1 forever live with the pesants and never get ahead. England is a much nicer place to be living off 1 income than Australia.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
Even if you came back to Aus on your previous offer a few years back your still not going to be living a flash lifestyle. To really get ahead in Australia you need two incomes, People who only have 1 forever live with the pesants and never get ahead. England is a much nicer place to be living off 1 income than Australia.
Speak for your self (as usual)
Old Jun 30th 2011, 5:28 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

LOL "live with the pesants"

Here I make money and anticipate doing so in some form in Oz its just that to be safe I am looking at worst case scenario which is if we had to could we live on my husbands wage alone at first.
I'm not expecting to live in a 6 bedroomed beachfront home with pool and tennis courts living it up in freo every weekend but I dont want to live in pikeyville either.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 5:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather live with peasants than live with certain snobs on here......
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:04 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Who are the pesants anyway - I might be one and not realise!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:37 pm
Banned

I didn't mean the pesants call literally I'm just saying. At least people who are on low incomes in Australia get a free house and benefits.

There are reasons why childcare is a such a huge industry in Australia. Doesn't matter on your income even if it's reasonable high you'll always struggle if its not 2.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

I didn't mean the pesants call literally I'm just saying. At least people who are on low incomes in Australia get a free house and benefits.

There are reasons why childcare is a such a huge industry in Australia. Doesn't matter on your income even if it's reasonable high you'll always struggle if its not 2.
It's peasant, not pesant, you peasant!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a pedant, does that count?
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:14 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I'm a pedant, does that count?
You need some Tunes, love.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
You need some Tunes, love.
Gawd, you're showing your age there!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:54 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Gawd, you're showing your age there!
I'm showing it in the mirror today, I'm afraid.

Shame we are currently a one-wage household and I can't afford any botox.

(You know, that one-wage my husband earns, where his commission component alone is more than my previous salary, which obviously means we can't afford to live on one salary. )
Old Jul 1st 2011, 2:09 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm showing it in the mirror today, I'm afraid.

Shame we are currently a one-wage household and I can't afford any botox.

(You know, that one-wage my husband earns, where his commission component alone is more than my previous salary, which obviously means we can't afford to live on one salary. )
We're a one wage family too.

We're so poor I'm thinking about hitting the streets.

But what the hell do you do with a bag full of 5c pieces?
Old Jul 1st 2011, 2:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Two pieces of info for you Weebie and a repeated request........

1) Info 1 - Many people on one income are better off on that one than many other are on two.
2) Info 2 - Many people on one income aren't struggling

1) REPEATED REQUEST 1 - quit providing wrong info to people on the forum. People come here looking for advice and/or opinions. You seem to be confusing the two and are posting your opinions as if they were gospel. This is misleading and unhelpful so pack it in.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 2:35 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by Dreamy
We're a one wage family too.

We're so poor I'm thinking about hitting the streets.

But what the hell do you do with a bag full of 5c pieces?
Well I read this morning they might be doing away with them so I'd aim for at least 10c a time, Dreamy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.