Wikiposts

Is $50k enough

Old May 19th 2004, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is $50k enough

Hi there all. Hoping to go to Melbourne Nov and am now starting to do some research.My question is this- Hoping to take $200k aus dollars with us to Melbourne and I am wondering if $50k aus dollars is enough to start us off as I want a fair size of a deposit on a house.We are bringing over most of our furniture and stuff with us so the money would be used for the likes of a car, rent, some furniture new videos so the teles can work and other stuff like that. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Old May 19th 2004, 6:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is $50k enough

Originally posted by bored brit
Hi there all. Hoping to go to Melbourne Nov and am now starting to do some research.My question is this- Hoping to take $200k aus dollars with us to Melbourne and I am wondering if $50k aus dollars is enough to start us off as I want a fair size of a deposit on a house.We are bringing over most of our furniture and stuff with us so the money would be used for the likes of a car, rent, some furniture new videos so the teles can work and other stuff like that. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Its about $40K more than we brought so should be ample. Might even be enough left over to buy a round at next Ex Pats meet in Melbourne to.
Old May 19th 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

JUst what I was hoping to hear what about the cost of applying for your licence and that type of thing where its a small outlay but there are plenty of them
Old May 19th 2004, 6:32 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

JUst what I was hoping to hear what about the cost of applying for your licence and that type of thing where its a small outlay but there are plenty of them
Think its only around $50 to resit your test & get your licence but you have 3 months to arrange that. I'm sure theres lots of small outlays but its 4,30am here & my brains not working at its best right now.
Old May 19th 2004, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

pagey is an unknown quantity at this point

What would you do if everyone said that $50 was no where near enough
Old May 19th 2004, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Bordy
Think its only around $50 to resit your test & get your licence but you have 3 months to arrange that. I'm sure theres lots of small outlays but its 4,30am here & my brains not working at its best right now.
Nothing new there then lol
Old May 19th 2004, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pagey
What would you do if everyone said that $50 was no where near enough

Leave her behind as its her that will spend it all
Old May 19th 2004, 8:05 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul
Hi Paul,

We have budgeted. All in including shipping, pets, rental bonds, insurances etc etc etc -pretty comprehensive and buying a car for £10k UKP also including spending money - I have really included everything and its coming in at $50k.

Hope this helps

maxine
Old May 19th 2004, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

grainne is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul
hi paul
have you got any prices for shipping and who with?we are hoping to go nov to.
thanks
Old May 19th 2004, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by grainne
hi paul
thanks

Greetings. We're leaving on 31st Oct, arriving in Melbourne on the 4th November. I've got two shipping companies coming round tomorrow and then another two more in a few weeks. I want quotes for a full container and a part container (depending on what we manage to sell beforehand). I'll post the quotes when I receive them.

By the way - it's Gold Cup in November and I've been sourcing accomodation for our arrival. Some places are putting the prices up so be warned!!!!

Cheers,
Old May 19th 2004, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Troood
Greetings. We're leaving on 31st Oct, arriving in Melbourne on the 4th November. I've got two shipping companies coming round tomorrow and then another two more in a few weeks. I want quotes for a full container and a part container (depending on what we manage to sell beforehand). I'll post the quotes when I receive them.

By the way - it's Gold Cup in November and I've been sourcing accomodation for our arrival. Some places are putting the prices up so be warned!!!!

Cheers,
hello trood
Could we use shipping companies from England?As we are from N.Ireland????(maybe you could ask them when they come to give you a quote )
By the way heading to melbourne too
Old May 19th 2004, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

hello trood
Could we use shipping companies from England?As we are from N.Ireland????(maybe you could ask them when they come to give you a quote )
By the way heading to melbourne too

I'll put the question down on my endless list and will ask them tomorrow - will let you know as soon as I can.

Can't wait to get out there - very excited
Old May 20th 2004, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

hi paul
thanks

Have sent you a pm
Old May 20th 2004, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Have sent you a pm
sorry but what does pm mean?
Old May 20th 2004, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Have sent you a pm
sorry but what does pm mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.