$5.000 Question

Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Elaine, That covers just what i need to know. off to disneyland paris with the wife and kids tommrow, get back monday,sell the house the week after that,pack the job in, get the flights booked and christmas on the beach.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rossi
I think you will find it's 30 months if I remember correctly
My DIMA forms say that it is held for 2 years from date of arrival - maybe they changed to 30 months? (My assuranace was done in about March 02). Or maybe it takes a few months to get it back?
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
My DIMA forms say that it is held for 2 years from date of arrival - maybe they changed to 30 months? (My assuranace was done in about March 02). Or maybe it takes a few months to get it back?

30 Months???? My agent told us we get it back after 1yr of living there???
Old Nov 12th 2003, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Happy hammer
Brother lives in Adelaide and is going to sort it all out, paying the $5.000 and tking the recipt to dimia. is it true that you can get your visa from aus house in the strand london.

Tell your brother he can't deliver anything in person to the DIMIA. Even if he lives in Adelaide (as I do) they still insist on having things posted our couriered to them.

I have tried going to 55 Currie Street pretending to be a Courier but it has not worked !

Old Nov 12th 2003, 8:22 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Happy hammer
Crossy, how far are you with your application!!!!!!!
Everything is in, hoping that all they need is the bond......soon please
Old Nov 12th 2003, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

The $100k investment for the extra 5 points is (or was ) for 1 year, this may be different from the bond mentioned??

Mash

Originally posted by Madhouse!
30 Months???? My agent told us we get it back after 1yr of living there???
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by mashiraz
The $100k investment for the extra 5 points is (or was ) for 1 year, this may be different from the bond mentioned??

Mash
ahhhh Phew...thnx mash, that had me worried for abit!

Claire
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Well done happy hammer,

congrats and good luck!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:36 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Claire,

The bond HH was asking about that you get back after 30 months is the Assurance of Support bond you need from a relative who is sponsoring you when you're applying for a class 139 visa, as I did.

Not the same thing at all as the $100k bond that gets you an extra 5 points on the Skilled Independent class 136 visa.

Sorry for any confusion!

Elaine
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hehe thats ok ... thanx for clearing that up for me...i just saw 30months and was begginning to panic!

Thanx again
Claire