Reload this Page >

$200.000 What would you do?

$200.000 What would you do?

Old Mar 15th 2002, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

neil hay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $200.000 What would you do?

Hi all,
Anyone in Australia have any practical idears as what to do with $200.000. We came over in Nov 2001 on a PR Visa, I am a Chef who is very fed up working in this trade due to the very long hours involved. At the moment we are sitting on the cash and renting a Villa in NSW. We can either put most of the money into buying a house, or, what I would like to do is put it maybe into a buisness, the bottom line is I have no experience other than the Catering trade which I definatly do not want to do! Any idears as the best way to invest this sum into doing something without the experience? We will not have this amount again, so I am very reluctent to just blow it all on a house and never see it again!
What would you do?????
Many thanks for any suggestions
Old Mar 15th 2002, 7:45 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $200.000 What would you do?

Why not invest in some training? You could train as anything you like just make sure it's a good earner!!!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2002, 10:05 pm
Russell Driver

Default Re: $200.000 What would you do?

neil hay <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, Anyone in Australia have any practical idears as what to do with $200.000.
    > We came over in Nov 2001 on a PR Visa, I am a Chef who is very fed up working in
    > this trade due to the very long hours involved. At the moment we are sitting on the
    > cash and renting a Villa in NSW. We can either put most of the money into buying a
    > house, or, what I would like to do is put it maybe into a buisness, the bottom line
    > is I have no experience other than the Catering trade which I definatly do not want
    > to do! Any idears as the best way to invest this sum into doing something without
    > the experience? We will not have this amount again, so I am very reluctent to just
    > blow it all on a house and never see it again! What would you do????? Many thanks
    > for any suggestions
    >

Investing in your own property is a smart move. I don't know what you can buy with
that sort of cash in your area but no mortgage is a good option.

I bought outright here in Adelaide and can sleep on a night.

Perhaps have a look in Aus.invest but be careful as in the rest of the world many
people will take your money and try to keep it under the strategy of 'investment"
Managed fund and stacks are not performing too well at the moment neither I make a
little trading)

Perhaps your view of the catering business would change if your owned your own
business. I have been at both sides of the counter in catering and know which
side I prefer!

Cheers

Russell

--
Luck is when the paths of preparation and opportunity cross.