British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   $100k bond - where did you borrow from? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/%24100k-bond-where-did-you-borrow-320398/)

mollymalone Aug 16th 2005 5:09 pm

$100k bond - where did you borrow from?

Thinking about borrowing the $100k bond to get the extra 5 points.

If anyone has done this, where did you go to, and in what form: loan, re-mortgage on current house, etc?

We are in London and have a house in Ireland, but not sure if banks/b.s. re-mortgage for this reason ... as it's not home improvement.

For loans, what rates are you paying, over what term? I believe as soon as the 12 months is up investing in Australia, you can take it out (plus interest) and pay off the loan back home.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

lawlaw Aug 16th 2005 5:34 pm

Re: $100k bond - where did you borrow from?

Originally Posted by mollymalone

If anyone has done this, where did you go to, and in what form: loan, re-mortgage on current house, etc?

We are in London and have a house in Ireland, but not sure if banks/b.s. re-mortgage for this reason ... as it's not home improvement.

For loans, what rates are you paying, over what term? I believe as soon as the 12 months is up investing in Australia, you can take it out (plus interest) and pay off the loan back home.

Hi

You could look at raising the money on a remortgage and taking it on interest only. Are you keeping your mortgage and property on when you emigrate and letting it out?

Regards

Laura Scrivens

Timber Floor Au Aug 16th 2005 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by mollymalone

Ok Ok I can answer this one LOL

We did it :)

1st up.
DO NOT HAVE HOUSE UP FOR SALE WHEN YOU REMORTGAGE !!!!!!!

Banks and B/s shit em selves when they see house up for sale and you wanna borrow money

We took our house off market, got the cheapest interest only deal, via real estate, guy. Our b/s Norwhich n Peterborough, wanted redemptions, accts etc. So we did a self cert re mortgage.

We then borrowed the money. Transferring the money to Oz , we lodged with WA, but any of em are good. Look for best int rate.

Downside!

Make damn sure you can repay the mortgage+remortgage amt. Allow for selling times ad itll be right

SuperSeagulls Aug 17th 2005 6:42 am

Banks :) They love lending the money........

SS

wargod Aug 17th 2005 8:14 am

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Banks :) They love lending the money........

SS

Father in law - he's minted (or was till he met me :D:D)

lovealot Aug 17th 2005 11:53 am

We Change dour mortgage to cheltnem and Gloster and upt it the extra cash we needed but still had our sale board up. We told them what the money was for and they said we could borrow for whatever reason as long as it was nothing illegal. It took about 7 weeks to come through but how far are you on with your application as once the money is requested you only have 49days to pay it
Good luck