Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$1000 return to London coming soon ...

$1000 return to London coming soon ...

Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:11 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...

Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
This was discussed a whle back, but it's starting to come to fruition. AirAsiaX plan to fly Sydney to Stanstead via Malaysia for $1000 return.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/aira...091265706.html

I did a quick search for June 2008 last night and came up with the following.....
........... Try MISA Traval in Singapore (www.airfares.com.sg)

Perth to Singapore return AU$332.60 (Singapore Airways)
Singapore to London return AU$754.36 (Qantas)

So I make that AU$1146.96 for 1 Adult.
I'm pretty sure the prices include taxes, I went all the way just short of booking the flights, but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will tell me!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:19 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

This was discussed a whle back, but it's starting to come to fruition. AirAsiaX plan to fly Sydney to Stanstead via Malaysia for $1000 return.

okay. okay.....i'll start taking bookings now, for the overnight, 10 minutes from newcastle airport. beautiful house etc etc. let me know if anyone is interested

blimey, $1000 ish for return to london. from someone in the travel industry, thats bloody cheap!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty View Post
okay. okay.....i'll start taking bookings now, for the overnight, 10 minutes from newcastle airport. beautiful house etc etc. let me know if anyone is interested

blimey, $1000 ish for return to london. from someone in the travel industry, thats bloody cheap!
Seriously - you should think about this
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:03 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc View Post
Seriously - you should think about this
there has been lots of talk about newcastle airport.......will see what happens...........be good though, especially for me in the travel industry.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:05 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Airasia sponser Man Utd.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:23 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by h2oskineil View Post
I did a quick search for June 2008 last night and came up with the following.....

I'm pretty sure the prices include taxes, I went all the way just short of booking the flights, but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will tell me!
Hi

I've just done the same exercise with MISA, but from Sydney to London via Singapore, using Singapore Airlines all the way, in September 2008 and can't get better than Au $ 2040 all in , which is about the best fare being quoted on the sites over here - Webjet etc.

Jim
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:43 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil View Post

Yeah, those fares don't sound correct to me....be careful with Misa travel....not that there's anything wrong with them but they do list fares on the site which are only available to certain people.....i.e. employees of shipping companies (who have deals with the airlines) who need to be positioned in certain places.....if you then didn't have the appropriate ID at check-in you would be denied travel or have to pay up. These fares are often the super cheap ones listed on the website.....check the small print. And no, those fares dont include taxes.

Last edited by bcworld; Oct 9th 2007 at 10:46 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:37 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by moneypen20 View Post
But what was the flight like

Oh and thank you btw
by all accounts it was good, "modern" aircraft, friendly English speaking crew, hassle free journey
on the downside was the slightly suspect food and having to do a fuel stop in Poo Dung or some such place
they travelled business class but didn't pay thru the nose for it
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

that will be great for me 15 mins to GC airport and then 15 mins from Stansted to my Mum's house.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:43 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gedge;5403173]we had friends recently use China Eastern Airlines LHR>SYD

OMG never again!!!

We had 24 hours of chinese TV (with no other choice) and the meals, well my kids staved as they refused to eat it.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:56 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lor View Post
OMG never again!!!

We had 24 hours of chinese TV (with no other choice) and the meals, well my kids staved as they refused to eat it.
oh right, i knew about the food but they didn't say about the entertainment
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:42 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge View Post
oh right, i knew about the food but they didn't say about the entertainment
No, it really didn't look that good, even if you could understand it.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor View Post
No, it really didn't look that good, even if you could understand it.
Guess it was an opportunity to talk to each other and read books.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:11 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc View Post
Guess it was an opportunity to talk to each other and read books.

Talk yes!!

Lol, read a book, with two little ones to keep occupied Dream on.!!