British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   $1000 return to London coming soon ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/%241000-return-london-coming-soon-486104/)

Hutch Oct 9th 2007 12:32 am

$1000 return to London coming soon ...
 
This was discussed a whle back, but it's starting to come to fruition. AirAsiaX plan to fly Sydney to Stanstead via Malaysia for $1000 return.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/aira...091265706.html

Swerv-o Oct 9th 2007 2:53 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5402769)
This was discussed a whle back, but it's starting to come to fruition. AirAsiaX plan to fly Sydney to Stanstead via Malaysia for $1000 return.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/aira...091265706.html

What? Competition? How un-Australian is that? I'm sure there must be something the government can do to step in and make sure it never happens.

Seriously though, that looks good. Flying from Newcastle instead of Sydney has some real savings for the airlines, as the Sydney International/Domestic consortium charge outrageous fees to both airlines and passengers.

S

Demented Ferret Oct 9th 2007 4:27 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5402769)
This was discussed a whle back, but it's starting to come to fruition. AirAsiaX plan to fly Sydney to Stanstead via Malaysia for $1000 return.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/aira...091265706.html

Hey thanks for that, will check it out.

brian.w Oct 9th 2007 4:30 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 
keep me posted when this happens as might use them for travel when i want to go there from now until i make my move over there and also be usefull to know so i can tell the folks back home about it,to save money.
what sites should i keep an eye on or save on my favs.

bcworld Oct 9th 2007 4:43 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by brian.w (Post 5403111)
keep me posted when this happens as might use them for travel when i want to go there from now until i make my move over there and also be usefull to know so i can tell the folks back home about it,to save money.
what sites should i keep an eye on or save on my favs.

Register here for updates:

http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/pa...?reference=aax

I'd say though that they are bound to be packing in the seats on these flights making a KL stopover an absolute must. Back in the day when some of the UK charter airlines (Airtours etc) used to do Oz routes over Winter I know some people who flew 'em and vowed never again!

gedge Oct 9th 2007 4:55 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 
we had friends recently use China Eastern Airlines LHR>SYD
http://www.chinaeastern.co.uk/international.html
prices were very good, so much so that they decided to fly business instead

moneypenny20 Oct 9th 2007 6:45 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by gedge (Post 5403173)
we had friends recently use China Eastern Airlines LHR>SYD
http://www.chinaeastern.co.uk/international.html
prices were very good, so much so that they decided to fly business instead

But what was the flight like:blink:

Oh and thank you btw;)

Jimclevs Oct 9th 2007 6:57 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5402769)
This was discussed a whle back, but it's starting to come to fruition. AirAsiaX plan to fly Sydney to Stanstead via Malaysia for $1000 return.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/aira...091265706.html


..... and about time too....... if it comes about!

The Newcastle hub would be good for us Central coasters also :)

Jim

Jimclevs Oct 9th 2007 7:01 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by Jimclevs (Post 5403330)
..... and about time too....... if it comes about!

The Newcastle hub would be good for us Central coasters also :)

Jim


..... and I see that Virgin Blue is trying to open up on the Australia - California run, presumably to link up with their LHR-LA service.

Wouldn't be cheap mind you.

Jim

themerlin Oct 9th 2007 7:02 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 
Don't like the idea of narrow seats though, would be a nightmare if you git seated next to fatty for 13 hours :p


Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5402769)
This was discussed a whle back, but it's starting to come to fruition. AirAsiaX plan to fly Sydney to Stanstead via Malaysia for $1000 return.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/aira...091265706.html


Swerv-o Oct 9th 2007 7:07 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 5403336)
Don't like the idea of narrow seats though, would be a nightmare if you git seated next to fatty for 13 hours :p

Hey, you leave my wife out of this...

S

moneypenny20 Oct 9th 2007 7:11 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 5403344)
Hey, you leave my wife out of this...

S

:D

Meant to say a while ago, hope you're bouncing around again ;)

brian.w Oct 9th 2007 7:25 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 5403147)
Register here for updates:

http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/pa...?reference=aax

I'd say though that they are bound to be packing in the seats on these flights making a KL stopover an absolute must. Back in the day when some of the UK charter airlines (Airtours etc) used to do Oz routes over Winter I know some people who flew 'em and vowed never again!


i cant see where to register on there site any link?

bcworld Oct 9th 2007 7:31 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by brian.w (Post 5403375)
i cant see where to register on there site any link?

Where it says....

Want to be among the first to fly Xtra Long with us?
Join us now

Swerv-o Oct 9th 2007 7:45 am

Re: $1000 return to London coming soon ...
 

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5403352)
:D

Meant to say a while ago, hope you're bouncing around again ;)

Who have you been talking to? Yes, I'm all fine again now, by the looks of things.

Fingers crossed...

S


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:11 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.