Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The $100.000 Investment ?

The $100.000 Investment ?

Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Smile The $100.000 Investment ?

[B]

Hi everyone..

I've read a few threads about the $100.000 investment for a minimum of 12 months.
Would i be wrong in thinking, that if i paid a great amount of deposit for a house, or the whole amount (no mortgage). Would that be classed as investing in the Australian government/economy ?

I'd appreciate any light on the subject please !!

Cheer's, Paz........

ps. We're planning to go on a East Coast Exployer in August.
Starting with Cairns, then Brisbane, then ending up in Sydney for the final 7 days.
Is anyone familiar with housing estates for young families in these resorts. If not we'll have to do a bit of homework when we get there..... , I think Brisbane is mainly our first choice.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:30 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The $100.000 Investment ?

errm no, but nice try

I pretty sure it has to be lodged in the goverments coffers!! Sure JAJ will be along to put things correctly in a bit
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hevs
errm no, but nice try

I pretty sure it has to be lodged in the goverments coffers!! Sure JAJ will be along to put things correctly in a bit
Thanks anyway hevs, i'm not sure mate !!!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:10 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hello,

The $100,000 dollar investment has to be in a government bond. Also it occurs before you are granted your visa (it's the last step before they issue the visa) and you would not be allowed to buy a house without a visa.

Regards
Alistair

Last edited by kirsty&al; Mar 16th 2005 at 10:12 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hello,

The $100,000 dollar investment has to be in a government bond.
And not just any government bond - it has to be in a *designated* state government bond.

Forget the idea of getting the points for any other kind of investment.

Jeremy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:27 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by JAJ
And not just any government bond - it has to be in a *designated* state government bond.

Forget the idea of getting the points for any other kind of investment.

Jeremy
Has this changed?

When I lodged my bond I'm sure I was informed I could do so within any state. At the time I looked around for the one that offered the best interest and as it happened...it was Queensland where we were going anyway, so that's where we invested. I also think I remember being informed I could invest it in any state. Maybe I misunderstood?

Or are you talking about state nominated visa's [mine was Skilled Ind]

Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Has this changed?

When I lodged my bond I'm sure I was informed I could do so within any state.
Any state/territory which offers a designated 'General Skilled Migration Bond' - not all do. Within that limitation, you can pick the state bond that suits best.

Jeremy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:39 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by JAJ
Any state/territory which offers a designated 'General Skilled Migration Bond' - not all do. Within that limitation, you can pick the state bond that suits best.

Jeremy
Ahh...didn't know that. Cheers

Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: The $100.000 Investment ?

Thanks to everyone who replied...I'm a lot clearer on the subject now..

cheers...... paz.