British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   $100,000 dollars in £ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/%24100-000-dollars-%C3%82%C2%A3-316135/)

Jennie Jul 26th 2005 12:38 pm

$100,000 dollars in £

Can anyone tell me at the moment what a $100,000 is in pounds, we are hoping to be asked for the bond money soon - medicals sent about 4 weeks ago to sydney and PCC checks sent two weeks ago, hope it does not take long. Our house sale completes on 26th August. Am getting very anxious now and I enjoy reading all the posts on this web-site.

Thanks for any help.

Jenn

<")))>< Jul 26th 2005 12:41 pm

Re: $100,000 dollars in £

Originally Posted by Jennie
Can anyone tell me at the moment what a $100,000 is in pounds, we are hoping to be asked for the bond money soon - medicals sent about 4 weeks ago to sydney and PCC checks sent two weeks ago, hope it does not take long. Our house sale completes on 26th August. Am getting very anxious now and I enjoy reading all the posts on this web-site.

Thanks for any help.

Jenn

This is a good site for currency conversion.

Click here

ABCDiamond Jul 26th 2005 12:43 pm

Looking at http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic about £44,100

Macky74 Jul 26th 2005 12:44 pm

Thanks for any help.

Jenn

A good place to get live exchange rates is XE.com but it should be about £43,500 to £44,00.

Cheers.
Andrew

manxfamily Jul 26th 2005 1:18 pm

Thanks for any help.

Jenn

Crikey!

We are in the same boat as you, but we haven't got a buyer for the house, not even 1 viewing, so I believe we are going to be more anxious than you!!!

Medicals went off a couple of weeks ago, deadline for them to be in Sydney is 9 Aug, so we are expecting the request at some point, late Aug or early Sept.

Anyone got a spare £43,000 we can borrow?!!!
:confused:

lovealot Jul 26th 2005 1:37 pm

Use either Hifx or ICN as your currency exchange. Better rates than our bank. We used ICN as they offered us a better rate on the day.
According to them its the price of all the Iron that au are exporting is what has made their dollar so strong and our pound against it so crap

pandya_m Jul 26th 2005 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Looking at http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic about £44,100

This is my prefernce as well. I made my forex deals taking this website. And I got classic Rates.
Note this website is refrence for all websites since it reflects the IBR rates... so has to be standard..
Good Luck.

PeteY Jul 26th 2005 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Crikey!

We are in the same boat as you, but we haven't got a buyer for the house, not even 1 viewing, so I believe we are going to be more anxious than you!!!

Medicals went off a couple of weeks ago, deadline for them to be in Sydney is 9 Aug, so we are expecting the request at some point, late Aug or early Sept.

Thats a cheeky little avatar you have there. Do you claim ownership??

Jennie Jul 26th 2005 4:33 pm

Thanks for all you help,

We only had 3 viewers look at the house and were just lucky that the last ones wanted to buy, but it is a horrible experience, good luck and hope all goes well.

Jenn :rolleyes:

manxfamily Jul 26th 2005 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by PeteY
Thats a cheeky little avatar you have there. Do you claim ownership??

I doubt it, its looks decisively female and I am of the opposite gender

tracey.d Jul 26th 2005 9:00 pm

I doubt it, its looks decisively female and I am of the opposite gender

PMSL :D :D :D

teach Jul 26th 2005 9:50 pm

Crikey!

If there is enough equity in your house borrow it from mortgage company, it is what we did.
Just a word of advice though as a few people have been turned down by their mortgage company for being honest. Tell them it is for a holiday home if you decide to go down this route and they will cough up no worries. That's exactly what I did and got the money within 4 weeks. Good luck.
Sarah