Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$100,000 bond and agents

$100,000 bond and agents

Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:49 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by S Oldfield
We approached our building society, borrowed an extra £43,000 9equity in the property), stuck it in the bank...............and thats where it will stay until the bond gets requested.Wont be selling the house until we get nearer our `We have got it post`!!!!

Easy Peasy and a lot less stressful than `camping` at the rellies, as your house is sold!
That's exactly what we're doing. I'd rather pay £130 / month on top of mortgage that upto 10 times that on a rent before we go.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi ABCD

Thought it worth clarifying above point C as I looked into this last year [I speak & write a community second language fluently].

Fluency in another language is required at a minimum NATI level 3 or 4 [not sure which]. NATI =National Accreditation for Translators & Interpreters. To do the level required I was informed you have to study for the NATI exam in Australia as this level can only be obtained inside Oz [can qualify at lower levels outside of Oz on 12 weeks crash course but this is not the required level i.e not high enough]. So basically unless they have changed, for anyone to gain NATI level 3/4 you will have to go to Oz to qualify [difficult if you work in UK!]. Talk about putting obstacles in way

This may have changed since last year?

Thought it worth clarifying as there are other NATI levels which can be obtained outside of Oz but these are not suitable to qualify and basically I found this option was almost impossible for most people who work outside of Oz and cannot get time off to study in Oz.

Hope this helps.

Phoenixuk2oz
We had the same problem Phoenix as my husband who was the main applicant also speaks two of the community languages but it was easier to lodge the bond because of the rules for NAATI
Old Mar 24th 2004, 5:08 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by debsy
We had the same problem Phoenix as my husband who was the main applicant also speaks two of the community languages but it was easier to lodge the bond because of the rules for NAATI
Bonkers.Annoying isn't it debsy

DIMIA give the option of either bond or second language...then put loads of obstacles in the way in terms of language requirements

How many people have NATI qualifications at level 3/4? International level? Only someone who intends translating or interpreting at international level would even THINK of obtaining these qualifications Besides......who can afford to leave their job, travel to Oz to gain NATI qualifications and then apply for visa? Madness!!!

Begs the question ..........is this a viable option at all??

Never mind......we passed the hurdle.....good luck to you, hubby & family xx

Phoenixuk2oz

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 24th 2004 at 5:10 pm.