$1.9942

Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $1.9942

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Damn... I forget the library !!! They probably have those books for her...
If they haven't, see if they'll get them in. My local has got in a couple of books for me that they didn't have previously. Getting a teenager reading more books is right up their street (usually).
Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
If they haven't, see if they'll get them in. My local has got in a couple of books for me that they didn't have previously. Getting a teenager reading more books is right up their street (usually).
I just ordered from bookdepository, just minutes before you reminded me about the library..

But then, I was also just reminded that she will want to keep them, and the libraries in Australia like to get their books back... eventually

Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:09 am
Account Closed

I just ordered from bookdepository, just minutes before you reminded me about the library..

But then, I was also just reminded that she will want to keep them, and the libraries in Australia like to get their books back... eventually
Stingy bar-stewards
Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:29 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

The .com website does not have the 10% discount option

Therefore The Twilight Saga is either :
£36.12 with no discount or
£36.29 with the 10% discount
you need to start browsing from here, then you'll see the option.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:39 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by asprilla
you need to start browsing from here, then you'll see the option.
Oh Bugger.... I remember seeing that before, but then totally forgot it.........

damn damn and double damn, I just wasted £3.60

Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:51 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Bugger.... I remember seeing that before, but then totally forgot it.........

I emailed them this morning to cancel my order (I want to re-order through the .com site and save nearly 3 pounds ! That's the kind of cheapskate I am).

Though I am getting worried now that they might cancel it but I'll only be able to re-order on August 1st...losing my 10% discount !!!
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

or £11.24 at Borders UK

You'd think the same company would have similar pricing ... If they could...

Especially such a large American book company...

But... Borders Australia appears the highest price in Australia
$40.50 Shearers Bookshop Sydney
$38.98 Fishpond.com.au

Yet the lowest price in the UK..
£13.49 www.bookdepository.uk
£11.99 www.bookdepository.com
£11.24 www.borders.co.uk
There's nothing American about borders Australia though - owned by the red group - same people as angus & Robertson.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:43 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bcworld
There's nothing American about borders Australia though - owned by the red group - same people as angus & Robertson.
It must have changed then:

Borders Group is engaged in the business of operating books, music and moviesuperstores and mall-based bookstores, through its subsidiaries, Borders, WaldenBook Company, Borders UK and Borders Australia. At January 2005, the companyoperated 504 superstores under the Borders name, including 462 in the US, 26 in theUK, 11 in Australia, three in Puerto Rico, and one each in Singapore and NewZealand.
a bit more checking and... Yes, it changed 12 months ago ...

On June 10, 2008, the Company sold all of the outstanding shares of Borders Australia Pty Limited, Borders New Zealand Limited and Borders Pte. Ltd. to companies affiliated with A&R Whitcoulls Group Holdings Pty Limited

Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

that would have paid for a litre of milk.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by irishbloo
that would have paid for a litre of milk.
£3.60... thats what ? $8.00

Just got back from the shops

$1.99 2 litres milk
$1.40 Loaf of white bread
$0.99 Kg Tomatoes
$0.99 1 KOS Lettuce yes, I got a lettuce

Total $5.37 = enough change from that $8 for a 300 gram bag of strawberry liquorice, or 500grams of rump steak

Flippin heck, I just twigged... I pay $8.66 kg for liquorice and $5.99 kg for rump steak

Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Do you have unit pricing (i.e. price per 100g or whatever) in the other states?
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:10 am
ABCDiamond

Here in my area of QLD, we seem to have it on most items in Woolworths, and of course in ALDI.

Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Now that has to be one of daftest questions ever asked on BE
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Now that has to be one of daftest questions ever asked on BE
Why? Not so long ago Vic seemed to be the only state that did unit pricing on meat? It wasn't that long ago that it was extended to most products. Just wondering whether this was a Vic thing (again) or more widespread?
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Not so long ago Vic seemed to be the only state that did unit pricing on meat? It wasn't that long ago that it was extended to most products. Just wondering whether this was a Vic thing (again) or more widespread?
I meant asking ABC if he had the information. He has information on absolutely everything, I thought it would be a given.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.