British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   $ heading down (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/%24-heading-down-375857/)

DunRoaminTheUK May 26th 2006 1:53 pm

$ heading down

Looks as if the $ is about to dip into the $2.44 territory.

Do any armchair (or professional) traders have any thoughts on what the expected trend for the GBP vs AUD will be?

We are about to exchange on our house and now I'm thinking by Monday it will $2.37 again....(but only because I'm a cynic :D )

marco121068 May 26th 2006 2:23 pm

Re: $ heading down

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK

Do any armchair (or professional) traders have any thoughts on what the expected trend for the GBP vs AUD will be?

We are about to exchange on our house and now I'm thinking by Monday it will $2.37 again....(but only because I'm a cynic :D )

Not being picky.....but you mean the AUD is going UP or the GBP is going DOWN. :D

No ideas I'm afraid. I did suggest fixing last week though. :p

Gamble? Slightly. But a forward contract CAN be pushed back if necessary. Speak to the guys at OzForex and ask the question.

DunRoaminTheUK May 26th 2006 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
Not being picky.....but you mean the AUD is going UP or the GBP is going DOWN. :D

No ideas I'm afraid. I did suggest fixing last week though. :p

Gamble? Slightly. But a forward contract CAN be pushed back if necessary. Speak to the guys at OzForex and ask the question.

Well, I've just had the call to say that we have exchanged (on our house) so now I can move full steam ahead.

Thanks.

marco121068 May 26th 2006 2:36 pm

Well, I've just had the call to say that we have exchanged (on our house) so now I can move full steam ahead.

Thanks.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! CONGRATULATIONS and welcome out of Limbo Land.
:beer: :beer:

touchingcloth May 26th 2006 3:28 pm

Yes..

I expect the GBP to strengthen or weaken further.
I'm never usually wrong on such predications.

DunRoaminTheUK May 26th 2006 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Yes..

Why is it that I've now got an image of a chocolate fireguard in my mind? Hmmmm?

joho May 26th 2006 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Yes..

I second that. :D

We have completed on our house today and have booked a deal through ozforex at 2.4473 for 56k. I wish it had been 3 or 4 days ago when it hit 2.49, but still much better than 2.35. The only problem is getting the funds to them. I have to do it £10k a day via the internet as to do a chaps or bacs payment they need a letter in writing as we are not in the country. It will take about 5-6 days to get there and by then I could have done it all via the internet anyway. I even phoned and asked them if they could up my transfer limit for 1 hour to allow me to do 1 payment with the offer to answer any security questions but no. :mad:

Never mind at least the house is sold.

Jo