Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$ AD 2.66 per U.K. Pound, not good :( [pankala-PB ding-dong]

$ AD 2.66 per U.K. Pound, not good :( [pankala-PB ding-dong]

Old Feb 25th 2003, 4:51 am
pankala

Originally posted by pommie bastard
She never drank before 9am and never pints she always sent her driver to pick us up from school plus only smoked tipped fags so I would say no.

Was your driver an "Uncle" by any chance?

Old Feb 25th 2003, 5:04 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pankala
Was your driver an "Uncle" by any chance?
No he did a bit of the man servant thing did have a few uncles though got loads of sweets.

Old Feb 25th 2003, 5:47 am
pankala

No he did a bit of the man servant thing did have a few uncles though got loads of sweets.

Now those man savants really know a thing or two, lucky mummy !

Old Feb 25th 2003, 1:16 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pankala
Hate to cast aspersions but did your mummy have a woefully mis-spent youth as well?
Nah - PB just has a woefully mis-spelt adulthood.

Cheers - Don
Old Feb 26th 2003, 3:34 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Nah - PB just has a woefully mis-spelt adulthood.

Cheers - Don
Very witty even the great Winston Churchill had problems in this department , its a bit of a bugger this English language might go back to full time education and take it as a second language course?

Old Feb 26th 2003, 5:59 am
Don
Banned

No offence PB - I often mix my words up. Why, just the other day I confused 'PB - sometime negative poster' with 'PB - funniest poster on the forum'.

Cheers - Don
Old Feb 26th 2003, 6:13 am
Banned

No offence PB - I often mix my words up. Why, just the other day I confused 'PB - sometime negative poster' with 'PB - funniest poster on the forum'.

Cheers - Don

None taken sorry the about the negative poster thing if Australia was the promised land and I could find nothing to whinge about , it would be far more boring than it already is now .
Life needs colour and edge and I need someting to bite into to question and probe , but always with a smile on my face as ugly as it is .
Lost count of the number of employers who have questioned my attitude yet all have kept me on in the face of lay offs and most have asked me to go back if I needed a job , in some cases I have theres a sucker born every minute.

Old Feb 28th 2003, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $ AD 2.66 per U.K. Pound, not good :(

The rate now for anyone coming is great whats your problem ?
it has been as high as $1.70 to the pound and we only got $1.98 9 years ago .
If you are worried about such a small move in rates is it worth coming to the land of plenty?

The rate change may only seem small change, but it makes the end rubber dollar difference GIGANTIC $$$ especially when living in the land of plenty It depends on how many spangoolies £££ you are exporting to OZ ...

$2.61 and going down it seems
Old Mar 1st 2003, 12:42 am
Don
Banned

Scooby - Oanda's got 2.58779 (01.43GMT) and you'd get a couple of cents less than this to buy AUD
Old Mar 1st 2003, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Scooby - Oanda's got 2.58779 (01.43GMT) and you'd get a couple of cents less than this to buy AUD
Yeah I've seen the rate, yuk

Not changing pennies at the moment will be a few months yet, hope this changes by then

What do you think,

Would things be different after the war ???

Cheers,
Old Mar 1st 2003, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Yeah I've seen the rate, yuk

Not changing pennies at the moment will be a few months yet, hope this changes by then

What do you think,

Would things be different after the war ???

Cheers,
2.58 ...

When will this STOP ...
Old Mar 1st 2003, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

2.66 is looking like a good rate now!!!
No idea what to do, surely we have to wait to exchange money in the hope it recovers....

Mash

2.58 ...

When will this STOP ...
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

2.58 ...

When will this STOP ...
$2.58 for 3 days yipee !!! for now it's stopped falling
Old Mar 3rd 2003, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The rate now for anyone coming is great whats your problem ?
it has been as high as $1.70 to the pound and we only got $1.98 9 years ago .
If you are worried about such a small move in rates is it worth coming to the land of plenty?

It depends on how many pennies you take doody scooby pommie booby
Old Mar 4th 2003, 12:21 am
Banned

It depends on how many pennies you take doody scooby pommie booby
The amount of quids you bring will set up some what but will the rubbler dollar and low wage levels wipe out the rate exchange gains you will find in no time that you yet again have a mortgage at higher rates than the UK and less cash to pay it.
Apart from that I hope that the the rubber dollar bonces back up to 2-1 maybe my lucks in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.