Water

Old Jan 28th 2011, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water

I am just curious whether you drink tap water or use bottled water.
I have no idea of the quality of the drinking water where I live, but since I get rust from the pipes sometimes, I filter with Britta and use it for cooking.
For drinking I get cheap non fizzy water.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Water

Originally Posted by Isakat
I am just curious whether you drink tap water or use bottled water.
I have no idea of the quality of the drinking water where I live, but since I get rust from the pipes sometimes, I filter with Britta and use it for cooking.
For drinking I get cheap non fizzy water.
It would appear we pay extra here for our water because it is mineral water... Or so they say. We still buy bottled water for drinking Fizzy for me and still for my sensible OH.

PS We have thousands of drinking fountains all over the place constantly pouring water. I guess we are paying for this water and Italy isn't worried about it running out...
Old Jan 28th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I have been told that the water here is from the mountains and so we drink out of the tap. I do buy fizzy though in the summer but (and my oh hates this) I try and buy fizzy in glass bottles cos I'm worried about the craziness of all these plastic bottles... even if they reckon they do recycle them here....
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:38 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody in my house drinks tap water and ours also comes down from the mountains. There are a few water bottling plants around here but none of us much like fizzy water.

If I want fizz, I drink Prosecco
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:37 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

We drink tap water, known as l'acqua del Sindaco here, and fizzy bottled water. The water in Turin taste better, but that might be because here it is very hard. Friends and family from Turin always complain about the lack of fountains in Verona, there are only two, but tourist wouldn't bother buying bottled water if there were more.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Bottled water? Biggest rip-off since Adam stole Eve's fig leaf.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ononno
Bottled water? Biggest rip-off since Adam stole Eve's fig leaf.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
I agree. What really annoys me here are the bars who will try and sell me that Nestle Vera water which is just tap water that Nestle filter before putting it into bottles.... talk about 'adding value' to something you already pay for!!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:48 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

I like the fizzy stuff...is it not as good to drink as the still stuff? I heard it's bad for your teeth (?) and stomach (gas filling?). The tap water was too much for my stomach so used to Britta it.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Last time i was in Italy with 3 mates, we went into little shop in Castel Maggiore to get some beers for that eve and some water to take to Rimini beach. We walked out of the shop and all together we opened the water, took a swig, then perfectly syncronised we all spat it out.
Didn't look at the labels!! That was fizzy stuff. Once we stopped laughing we Poured it straight down the drain and opened a beer instead!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of

Rome tap water is meant to be excellent (apart form the extra calcium but that's more an issue for the pipes) so we drink tap water. Sometimes we brita filter it. But I don't think that's necessary.

I shudder to think how many plastic water bottles Italians chuck into the landfill every year - and unnecessary as in most of Italy the water is perfectly fine.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gelato
Rome tap water is meant to be excellent (apart form the extra calcium but that's more an issue for the pipes) so we drink tap water. Sometimes we brita filter it. But I don't think that's necessary.

I shudder to think how many plastic water bottles Italians chuck into the landfill every year - and unnecessary as in most of Italy the water is perfectly fine.

I will continue to filter then, as I do not fancy rusty bits from the pipes now and then.
It is amazing how much bottled water people buy in the supermarkets and then dump the bottles with the non recyclible rubbish.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Isakat
I will continue to filter then, as I do not fancy rusty bits from the pipes now and then.
It is amazing how much bottled water people buy in the supermarkets and then dump the bottles with the non recyclible rubbish.
we have a plastic collecton here where you're supposed to put all your plastic bottles etc. into a bag the size of a black bin bag. They collect once a fortnight in the winter. We put out a full one once a month! All of my neighbours but out at least two a fortnight.... I guess I should be happy they're recycling but I'm always shocked by how much rubbish in general people seem to generate here. Maybe I'm an abnormal English person though as my MIL in the UK is always whining about the fact that the bins they gave them are not big enough for all her rubbish (and there's only two of them in the household!!)
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:56 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I have a few friends here who have country houses where they are on well water. One friends under stair space was jam packed with 6 packs of bottled water as the well water wasn't drinkable!! I just can't imagine that in the UK..
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I have a few friends here who have country houses where they are on well water. One friends under stair space was jam packed with 6 packs of bottled water as the well water wasn't drinkable!! I just can't imagine that in the UK..
I know people here with well water... In fact the well for a neighbours house has an outlet in the road (this was all farmland until recently... which is just a big hole with water down it with a bit of plastic over the top. H just had to slide it across and have a look... I don't know how deep it is but at least a metre if not more. Could you imagine the health and safety in the UK??!!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
My Father in law drilled a bore hole for his water in Sicily. The water is fresh and everyone drinks it. His daughter comes once a week to fill up plastic bottles to drink.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.