Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

And so ............... Christmas.

And so ............... Christmas.

Old Dec 11th 2017, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And so ............... Christmas.

Originally Posted by Pica
I have developed a love of chickpeas since living here- home made hummus, in tomato sauce with pasta and the jarred variety taste just like marrowfat peas provided you keep your eyes closed.
Have to agree. We ate them before we came here, but now eat a lot more and have grown them. Nothing compares to fresh chickpeas and humus made with them is superb and a rich lovely green in colour.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Have to agree. We ate them before we came here, but now eat a lot more and have grown them. Nothing compares to fresh chickpeas and humus made with them is superb and a rich lovely green in colour.
Where do you get your tahini (essential ingredient!)? I usually buy it from an Egyptian shop, but I've found that the co-op also sells it in its international dept. - maybe you need to go to a big one, "ipercoop".
Old Dec 13th 2017, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonwel
Where do you get your tahini (essential ingredient!)? I usually buy it from an Egyptian shop, but I've found that the co-op also sells it in its international dept. - maybe you need to go to a big one, "ipercoop".
I used to import it via British Corner Shop but now Iper sell it-result.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 6:56 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's that time of year again and I'm off to the UK in the morning and I have to say that I can't wait. The last couple of months have been horrendous. My son got some kind of weird numbness in his lower leg and nobody knew why despite a night in hospital and lots of tests done by a neurologist. An MRI was ordered but we had to wait a month for it. We were all anxious and Alex was a bit scared about going into "the tunnel" and having to keep still. They kept him in the tunnel for 40 minutes and me outside in the corridor. He was pale and trembling when he came out. Drs think he has a damaged nerve which hopefully will repair itself over time. The numb patch is still there. I can stick needles in his leg and he can't feel them.

Then an idiot - either blind or on his phone - came out of a side road and smashed full tilt into the driver's side of my car bashing in both doors and causing other damage. Luckily I wasn't hurt but it didn't half shake me up. It took weeks for the insurance people to get off their backsides. My car has been at the garage since Dec 7th. Finally it will be ready today. I think they put a rush job on it when I called them a few days ago to tell them that if it wasn't ready I would be driving their car to the airport and dumping it in the car park there for 2 weeks. They gave me a courtesy car - a Fiat Panda of course. I don't like it but at least I'm not paying for it.

And then my Italian Father-in-Law died and this weekend somebody stole my daughter's mobile phone so instead of packing etc. we were at the carabinieri station and then the phone shop to get a new SIM.

I have finally done check in and got the boarding passes. Now I'm off to pick up my car and then I can throw a couple of things into a case ..... after paying for small cabin bags because Ryan-bloody-Air have changed all the rules AGAIN and there is no more free 10kg.

I can't wait to get back and spend the time with my family and friends.

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas and New Year and wish you all the very best. Have fun and relax xxx
Old Dec 19th 2018, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes Lorna....
We have been in the UK for a few weeks now and have to say....
Old Dec 19th 2018, 9:36 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Best wishes Lorna....
We have been in the UK for a few weeks now and have to say....
Thank you. Is it freezing over there?
Old Dec 19th 2018, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

It ws very, very cold for a few days last week, but not quite as bad this week, still colder than Italy. Good this is Lorna, and I'm sure you will be pleased, the few days last week were great for the SPROUTS - yummy
Do enjoy your trip.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Christmas Lorna, sounds like you need to find a 4 leaf clover PDQ. Hope you and are yours able to have a Very Merry Christmas and a Serene New Year.
The same to everybody else on the forum.
bye bye dicette l'inglese.