Royal Marriage

Old Nov 16th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of
Default Royal Marriage

After the announcement today of the up-coming marriage of Prince William, what are your thoughts?
I used to live in London and drove past Buckingham Palace to work every day.
I would love to have still been there for the Wedding.
I missed the last 2 Royal Mariages as I worked abroad then,and now I'll miss being at this one too.
The atmosphere is always brilliant at things like that.
Seems that we all complain about how much the Royal family cost,yet they certainly do the pomp and ceremony well.
How does anybody else feel? A great event or is it a waste of money?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Royal Marriage

You pretty much echo my feelings, would love to be there. I was here for Charles and Diana's wedding, would love to be back in England for the next event. Nice to have some happy news, good luck to them.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hear hear I think I feel even more patriotic living away from home. Like someone said on Loose Women today - we all could do with cheering up and this is just the thing !
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry, but I find the whole notion of a Royal Family at best silly, at worst obscene. One of the reasons I'm glad not to live in England.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Ciao tutti, well I am unashamedly an ardent royalist. Britain is a very democratic consitutional monarchy. Many countries that are 'republics' would love to have a royal family; Italy being one of them. The British Royal family cost far less to maintain than many Presidents of many republics; Italy being one example.
I am very pleased for them; even more so since they have demonstrated very good taste by setting up home in North Wales.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ononno
Ciao tutti, well I am unashamedly an ardent royalist. Britain is a very democratic consitutional monarchy. Many countries that are 'republics' would love to have a royal family; Italy being one of them. The British Royal family cost far less to maintain than many Presidents of many republics; Italy being one example.
I am very pleased for them; even more so since they have demonstrated very good taste by setting up home in North Wales.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
I'm suprised you think Italy would prefer a royal family. I've always had the opposite impression. I also have doubts regarding costs. However my main issue would be that I believe a civilised society should aim towards an ideal of equal opportunity for all. The royal family are the antithesis of this. I believe that status in society should be the reward for hard work, intelligence, talent, ambition, perseverance etc. Not birthright.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:45 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

My witch doctor is Prince Sunday of Nigeria. He's always banging on about royalty, 'king this, 'king that. But at least he earns his money.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:55 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Anderson on this subject. Not a Royal family fan. By family, I'm mean the whole firm not the Queen and direct heirs. I too, have never heard an Italian wish there was a Royal family here. In fact, the opposite. When
'prince' what ever his name is took part in San Remo I only heard groans of 'we had a referendum to get rid of them'.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Nice timing with all the goverment cuts , lets keep the plebs something nice to look forward to.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

we are going to charge you an awful lot more for uni fees, BUT we're going to give you anice new princess who will cost an awful lot in new frocks
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

I think regardless of your opinions about the Royal Family, I stick with my Facebook status from yesterday: everyone loves a good wedding!
I say congrats to them both, it doesn't matter about the cost or the guestlist or the venue etc, a wedding is a nice way to celebrate your relationship with someone else. I think the Royal Family have learnt their lesson after the disasterous coupling of Charles and Diana and even Andrew and whatshername; William and Kate have been together since university, they appear to be much more "normal" as a couple than their predecessors, in the sense that their relationship seems to be less forced and more natural. They might actually love each other! I know, I'm a softie...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

The referendum in Italy to get rid of the Savoys was only won by republicans by a vey narrow margin. The actual vote count and final result would not pass the scrutiny of modern UN/EU observers.
The cost comparison has been made some time ago by Sole 24 Ore.
Do you know how many 'auto blu' are on the government payroll?
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:38 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
The referendum in Italy to get rid of the Savoys was only won by republicans by a vey narrow margin. The actual vote count and final result would not pass the scrutiny of modern UN/EU observers.
The cost comparison has been made some time ago by Sole 24 Ore.
Do you know how many 'auto blu' are on the government payroll?
ciao for now,
'o nonno
I wasn't supporting the referendum, just saying what I hear people say at seeing the 'prince'. A lot of things that happened in those yrs wouldn't pass scrutiny.
As for auto blues. Even if there was a royal family, there'd still be the auto blues. Unless they do as the mayor in Vr does. Has has a car provided free by a local dealer and a volunteer driver. Don't care if it could be seen as sponsorship. It's no worse or better than covering the Arena with ads to pay for repairs.
International's right. Every one likes a good wedding.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:40 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Did the tax payers of U.K. pay for your wedding?
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

"Everyone likes a good wedding"? Not me, I'm afraid. They bore me. Mind you, if it is an opportunistic and manipulative ploy to cheer the celebrity-watching tabloid readers while the government fleeces them dry, it sure beats declaring war on Argentina like Maggie did!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.