Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Post office theaves

Post office theaves

Old Jul 8th 2014, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post office theaves

So, granny sends a big envelope with some bank statement letters and a card for the kids. She put some euro banknotes for them as a present for their exceptionally good end of year school reports inside the card( which was inside its own envelope), then inside the big envelope.

The big envelope arrived open and of course the bastards have stolen the money.

I am thinking of going to complain in Poste Italiane tomorrow, but I already know their answer:
-signora la prossima volta manda una lettera raccommandata

Bloody thieves....
Old Jul 9th 2014, 12:25 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post office theaves

I would still complain though. You never know, there could be other instances of things going missing but if the 'right' people complain then they might investigate.

On a side note, I received a computer generated receipt in the postbox advising me that the post office tried to deliver a registered item instead of the usual postcard with an illegible scrawl.. Since when has the post office gone hi-tech?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 1:41 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
I would still complain though. You never know, there could be other instances of things going missing but if the 'right' people complain then they might investigate.

On a side note, I received a computer generated receipt in the postbox advising me that the post office tried to deliver a registered item instead of the usual postcard with an illegible scrawl.. Since when has the post office gone hi-tech?
Verona, "ho rubato per necessità, per il bimbo": l'impiegata delle Poste rilasciata e tornara al lavoro

They've been using them for a few years, Duffer. I still get the postcard when the postman can't be bothered to bring my post and DL's now come with there very own card telling you when they will deliver it if you are not in the first time.

On the subject of post. For the first time today, I saw a shop with a postal counter. Anyone seen them elsewhere?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Isakat: I presume Granny is in UK?

Same thing happened to me a few years ago .. I was sent to the polizia postale who begrudgingly did a denuncia thing (guy typing on keyboard with two fingers) . .and nothing came of it.

Anyway my Mum (Granny) made a claim to the Post office and they paid her the money back..., hardly any questions asked. End of.

Sums it all up really.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Granny is in the UK.
I will speak to her tonight and suggest she complains to the UK post office while I complain here.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:09 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
I will speak to her tonight and suggest she complains to the UK post office while I complain here.
My mum always asked for a recipt at the PO just in case her post got 'lost'.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

It's worth a shot. My mum did it by phone but not sure who to.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

As suspected, the post office trip was futile.

I was told that money should not be sent by post and that they have no clue who opened it and got the money.......
Old Jul 11th 2014, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

I was told that money should not be sent by post and that they have no clue who opened it and got the money.......
Told ya so ...

Full marks for trying though.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Did they give you a form to fill out? Never mind the money , it's illegal to open other people's post! It's not about getting any sort of justice of course (cos you'll never get that), but at least it will be on record.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

As I mentioned, there were no forms but you had to go to the polizia postale (out of town, limited opening times to the public of course) and make a denuncia ... that was it.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 3:37 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MarkRD
As I mentioned, there were no forms but you had to go to the polizia postale (out of town, limited opening times to the public of course) and make a denuncia ... that was it.
There ia a form Mark. Won't do you any good 'cos they'll blame the UK.

Poste Italiane - Reclami
Old Jul 13th 2014, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

I ordered some clothes from Debenhams and today I realized that 2 of the packages were opened and resealed with brown tape. 3 tops were stolen.

I told Debenhams and took photos of the packages. Waiting for them to contact me, in the meantime I used the form that 3700 posted to complain.
It took me 6 friggin attempts until it went and then I did not have any confirmation if it did go, only a blank page. Horrible, horrible customer unfriendly form.

I now think that someone in the local post office steals and I want to go to the police-which one shall I go to? Is there postal police or shall I go to the Questura?
Old Jul 13th 2014, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

-----------------------------

Last edited by Isakat; Jul 13th 2014 at 7:51 pm. Reason: duplicate post sorry
Old Jul 14th 2014, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I now think that someone in the local post office steals and I want to go to the police-which one shall I go to? Is there postal police or shall I go to the Questura?
Such a shame. Anyway go to the Polizia Postale .. that's what they're there for .. allegedly.
Check opening times to the public before you set off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.