Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Parbuckling the Costa Concordia

Parbuckling the Costa Concordia

Old Sep 16th 2013, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Parbuckling the Costa Concordia

...will the Italians "get it up" today??
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:01 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parbuckling the Costa Concordia

Originally Posted by MarkRD
...will the Italians "get it up" today??
I was wondering that too, after all we are in Italy what could possibly go wrong..............................:fingerscrossed :
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I read it was already delayed this morning due to 'bad weather' ..
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I read it was already delayed this morning due to 'bad weather' ..
Just seen a BBC web direct broadcast, and a closeup showed that it had lifted. You could definitely distinguish a black area and a line which had previously been underwater.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
Just seen a BBC web direct broadcast, and a closeup showed that it had lifted. You could definitely distinguish a black area and a line which had previously been underwater.
I notice the beeb are pesimisticalling calling it "the attempt to pull the ship upright" .. do they know their chickens or what?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:34 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I notice the beeb are pesimisticalling calling it "the attempt to pull the ship upright" .. do they know their chickens or what?
and of course whilst this is one of the biggest maritime engineering tasks ever attempted it will be a doddle compared to getting Civil Protection, GdC and the Interior Ministry to agree to the "how and when" to do it, which has only taken 18 months by my reckoning