Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Aug 28th 2015, 10:51 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Do the "guasto" thing on 187 for the Telecom line. Mine went funny. Sometimes it crackled like mad and I had to put the phone down and try again. Sometimes people couldn't hear me. Sometimes it was fine.
Telecom did tell me that if it was their fault, the technician would be free, if not I'd get the amount on my bill. Turns out that the line coming into the house was about as old as I am and totally weather worn. Not my fault so it was replaced and I wasn't charged.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
I'm not sure this should be in the moans bit .....but to follow on from my comment before. I rang the Asl yesterday and got an appointment for the x-ray TODAY !! Unbelievable So I went there a bit earlier today (11.30 for 12 ) and I was called in at 11.40 and out by 11.45 .......hows that for service. I reckon it's because its August. Maybe we'll have to open a new thread called Good positive things.......but I doubt it would get as many postings as this thread
Well done - same thing happened to us with MIL - X-Ray done same day as call and we were in an out in no time. Still took a week to get the results though
Old Aug 28th 2015, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Do the "guasto" thing on 187 for the Telecom line. Mine went funny. Sometimes it crackled like mad and I had to put the phone down and try again. Sometimes people couldn't hear me. Sometimes it was fine.
Telecom did tell me that if it was their fault, the technician would be free, if not I'd get the amount on my bill. Turns out that the line coming into the house was about as old as I am and totally weather worn. Not my fault so it was replaced and I wasn't charged.
The problem is that she cannot speak to anyone, The situation is the same with any of the handsets in the flat. The problema is with a faulty Hybrid unit, that converts the 4 line send and receive signal to a 2 line signal in the local Exchange.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Internet explorer is not responding due to a long running script, You have been denied Access, Cannot connect, Google.co.uk cannot be found, please check that the URL is correct.................................Arghhhhh, Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghh hhh, Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh, how many times a day?Arghhhhh, Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghh hhh, Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,Arghhhhh,
Old Aug 28th 2015, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

talking of internet - every now and again I get a weird message. I have taken my laptop to be repaired this week - coincidentally the message came up and so the man in the computer shop looked at it. He was puzzled - said he's never seen it before. It says something like : Google chrome connection is no longer private - someone 'malintenzionato' is trying to enter. Beware blah blah. Then at the top of the http bit a red slash appears across it. Very strange. Anybody had this ?? Dp you think its an internet problem or a telecom line problem ?
Old Aug 28th 2015, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is probably some adware trying to get you to install some protection or anti-adware software. I think it is something you have picked up and is now sitting in your PC being a pain.
Check out the installed programs, and see if there is anything new, look at the date it was installed. Get some decent uninstall software (trial) and remove the 'strange unknown ' program(s) Reboot. If your friendly techy is asking a bit much try some of the free anti malware software. Look on their fórums, I have had some good experiences with malware removal over the years with the people from some of the anti malware fórums. Don't get talked into the McAfee or Norton circus unless you want a super slow vulnerable machine, Personal experience only......
MS defender plus another reasonable proggy, always kept up to date along with firewall and port monitoring.
Those that act as Pirates and attack or try to take over other peoples property should be treated as they once were, keel hauled or strung-up, literally!

Last edited by Maybe1day; Aug 28th 2015 at 8:46 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 11:09 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Goddamn bloody washing machine has just broken down after me just spending a King's ransom on school books and with another 280 Euro bus pass to pay!
Old Sep 8th 2015, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

The bearings in our's are well stuffed too, we hoped to sell the house and leave it as a legacy, but I will probably have to sort it... we have a local shop selling 8kg new ones with dents for 260E, we went and asked when the door switch started playing up too, but a crafty bang on the right side starts it ok every time. When the spin kicks in it is like a WW1 tank going across a minefield.............
Old Sep 28th 2015, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

My stepdaughter recently studied for and passed with a good mark the exam to become a member of the Order of Biologists. And of course they, knowing where she lived and knowing that she'd passed, sent her the certificate (attestato).
Well, actually that's what would happen in any other country, but not here. She has to ask for it and it's very difficult to find out how, whether through the Order or through the university where she did the exam... But even if it was a simple procedure, why should she have to ask at all? Are there people who do the exam and don't want the certificate??????
Old Sep 28th 2015, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

After about a dozen calls to 187 and pushing various buttons thereafter a guy called asking what the problem was, a few days later it was fixed intermittently and about a week later it seems OK.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonwel
My stepdaughter recently studied for and passed with a good mark the exam to become a member of the Order of Biologists. And of course they, knowing where she lived and knowing that she'd passed, sent her the certificate (attestato).
Well, actually that's what would happen in any other country, but not here. She has to ask for it and it's very difficult to find out how, whether through the Order or through the university where she did the exam... But even if it was a simple procedure, why should she have to ask at all? Are there people who do the exam and don't want the certificate??????
Possibly because she has to pay extra for it? I did some single courses (OFA) at an Italian university and had to request and pay for the certificate that said I had done them and got the credits.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Possibly because she has to pay extra for it? I did some single courses (OFA) at an Italian university and had to request and pay for the certificate that said I had done them and got the credits.
Could be the reason! But again, if it's not included in the basic exam fee it suggests there are people who don't want the certificate...
Old Sep 28th 2015, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonwel
Could be the reason! But again, if it's not included in the basic exam fee it suggests there are people who don't want the certificate...
...or a way of making extra cash ....

Quando mai!!
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:13 am

On the whole, Italy doesn't seem to be big on certificates at all ... not even school printed ones for merit or anything. I have loads of certificates starting from when I was about 6 and got my first swimming certificates. I have one from Brownies and one for winning an art competition, one for taking part in a sponsored even for Help The Aged, various gymnastics ones and others from the Calderdale Borough of Education not to mention the ones from the Joint Matriculation Board for school exams.Chloe is 15 and she has one certificate ..... her middle school diploma which was ready to pick up a whole year after she left that school. She has won a few sports medals but they never came with any certificates.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
On the whole, Italy doesn't seem to be big on certificates at all ... not even school printed ones for merit or anything. I have loads of certificates starting from when I was about 6 and got my first swimming certificates. I have one from Brownies and one for winning an art competition, one for taking part in a sponsored even for Help The Aged, various gymnastics ones and others from the Calderdale Borough of Education not to mention the ones from the Joint Matriculation Board for school exams.Chloe is 15 and she has one certificate ..... her middle school diploma which was ready to pick up a whole year after she left that school. She has won a few sports medals but they never came with any certificates.
That's because if you're any sort of professional or business person you need all your wall space for the umpteen authorisations, licences, and certificates required to sell a bottle of milk, or a light bulb, or explain to a tourist where the bus stop is. No room for your personal achievements😕

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.