Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by jonwel
Thanks for the advice! I'll keep you posted.
At last! I went to INPS again at the end of August. A different impiegato this time. He didn't go into the reasons for the delay, but simply typed the details into the system and told me I'd be getting my pension in the new account from 1 October. I was very sceptical but, lo and behold, it's true!
I can finally close my old account, although a niggling doubt remains; could the old and new IBANs get muddled up in their system?
Old Oct 16th 2017, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Help please. Is anybody else on the forum having problems with Filmon recordings?. Since Friday my recordings of BBC or ITV have been 'accepted' but then even after 24 hours or more, they come out 'not recorded yet'.
I'm beginning to wonder if filmon is trying to force me into increasing my spend with them.
I'Ive checked and double checked and triple checked my tablet settings and filmon account details and password etc etc. and am now at my wits end.
Nor can I figure out how to play me recordings from the filmon website on my laptop. Doh!
Any help very gratefully received.
'o nonno
Old Oct 16th 2017, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
Help please. Is anybody else on the forum having problems with Filmon recordings?. Since Friday my recordings of BBC or ITV have been 'accepted' but then even after 24 hours or more, they come out 'not recorded yet'.
I'm beginning to wonder if filmon is trying to force me into increasing my spend with them.
I'Ive checked and double checked and triple checked my tablet settings and filmon account details and password etc etc. and am now at my wits end.
Nor can I figure out how to play me recordings from the filmon website on my laptop. Doh!
Any help very gratefully received.
'o nonno
Can't help with Filmon,haven't used them since they started charging.If you want to catch up with soaps etc whilst sorting out problem,just type in the name and date of programme followed by full episode and at least 3 options come up for free viewing,cheers,Brian.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BRIAN 1
Can't help with Filmon,haven't used them since they started charging.If you want to catch up with soaps etc whilst sorting out problem,just type in the name and date of programme followed by full episode and at least 3 options come up for free viewing,cheers,Brian.
Many thanks Brian. Will give it a try.
Cheers 'o nonno
Old Oct 17th 2017, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everybody for listening to me. Pleased to report that this morning everything shows up normal on Filmon. Phew, what a relief.
Take care all of you.
'o nonno
Old Jul 7th 2020, 10:11 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I got an unexpected and rather unpleasant surprise yesterday. A green raccomandata arrived. A verbale stating that at 9.31am on the morning of June 5th I was doing 117.80 Km in the comune of Fiorenzuola D'Arda.
I've never heard of the place so I looked it up. It's in Piacenza, a full 230 Km from my house. Yet more bollocking paperwork to sort out.

Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:48 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

trying to reopen thread
Old Jul 8th 2020, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the fine, was there a picture?
Old Jul 8th 2020, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Good luck with the fine, was there a picture?
No. There wasn't a photo nor any kind of link to go to a website and see one. I rang the polizia locale before half eight yesterday and slightly stumbled over the pronunciation of Fior....en.....zuola Di Arda as I told the young sounding policeman that it wasn't me doing me 117 Km an hour at 9.30am on June 5th when I live under a mountain in the Veneto and was probably still in quarantine. I heard a slight chuckle as he replied, "so you've never been in Fiorenzuola D'Arda Signora?" and he easily rolled the words off his tongue making it sound smooth and soft. Not a chance, I replied. I had to Google you guys and you're in Piacenza and that's 230 Km away from my house and I've never been. It wasn't me. He never offered to send me their photo despite me asking and instead asked me to send in photos of my car. I told him that as well as the fine, it was about the points on the license and the fact that some prick might still be driving around Fiorenzuola at 117 Km an hour when he/she shoud have received my fine. At 8.30am I was dressed and outside taking photos. I have sent the email with the photos for the 'discordanza verbale' and included my phone number as requested so now I just have to wait. One thing I will say though, as nice and polite as the policeman was, I never got a sorry or an apology or the admittance that there might be some mistake. Typical Italy.

The number plate on the fine is definitely mine though so I'm just hoping that the car in their photo is black or white because mine is bright red. Somebody must have looked at the photos from the speeding machine and copied down the wrong plate number. How good could the photos be when somebody is speeding past at 117 km?
Old Jul 8th 2020, 1:43 pm

Great news. The Vice Comandante just called me and confirmed that the speeding fine was indeed a mistake. Apparently a letter V was confused for a Y. He told me that everything has been cancelled and he had just sent me an email too. And he apologised more than once. I thanked him for resolving the problem so quickly.

The email reads: Buongiorno, dopo le opportune verifiche, confermo che si รจ trattato di un errore di rilevazione dei caratteri alfa numerici della targa.
Abbiamo provveduto a correggere l'errore e ad ANNULLARE il verbale erroneamente elevato a suo carico. La invitiamo a conservare questa mail quale ricevuta di archiviazione del verbale.
Scusandoci per il disguido, porgiamo cordiali saluti.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you got your apology!
If criminals copy your plate the situation can be very difficult.
https://it.motor1.com/features/21994...eve-una-multa/
Old Jul 9th 2020, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by philat98
I think you got your apology!
If criminals copy your plate the situation can be very difficult.
https://it.motor1.com/features/21994...eve-una-multa/

Yes, the Vice Comandante sounded like a real gent. I hadn't thought of cloned number plates until another friend mentioned it the other day.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

So, our son went to the beach in Lido D'Ostia( hate the place) with his friends.

After leaving the pool, he noted that his rucksack was missing. He told the bagnino, but he just told them to leave as he was trying to close the place down at 6pm.
Inside his rucksack were his phone, smart watch, wallet with bank cards, identity card and ear phones, plus his change of clothes.

He used an app from his friend's phone and managed to locate his missing phone opposite the swimming pool and when my husband and I arrived, they were looking for it. In the meantime I phoned the Carabinieri and they said they will not do anything ( I was hoping they will send a car to help with the search), until I do a denuncia. Crazy, where will I do a denuncia on a Sunday evening?

I went and spoke to the owner of the place who said they are not responsible for the bag missing. So, you pay 15 euro entrance, and dump your belongings by the pool, no effing lockers, no guard, nothing.
In the meantime my husband found the rucksack dumped in some bushes, 5 euro was missing from the wallet ( that is all he had) and everything was inside, apart from the expensive headphones.
He arrived in the pool with the headphones on, they must have seen him and this is why his bag, that was under a pile of other bags, was targeted. He has now learnt a lesson not to bring expensive staff and not to leave his bag unattended. And he will get a cheap replacement, not the expensive ones.

I am so gutted, but not surprised at the way the Carabiniery behaved.

I am trying to find out if our expensive house insurance policy covers this type of crime and whether I should still do a denuncia. And I just heard this morning that another of his friends had a small 'tracola' missing, but with nothing inside.

Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

After watching the RAI journalist attacked in front of the cameras at Ostia you have to conclude it is a place out of control.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
After watching the RAI journalist attacked in front of the cameras at Ostia you have to conclude it is a place out of control.
It is best to avoid it. But the youth only wants to have fun....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.