Reload this Page >

Hello to everybody!

Hello to everybody!

Old Aug 15th 2014, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Alicelliott is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Hello to everybody!

Hello people!
I hope this is the right place to introduce myself.
I'm Alice, I'm from Como and I'm Italian. I'm deeply in love with the English language, so I thought it would have been a good idea to sign in this forum even if I'm not British. My university doesn't give me any chance to improve my English - I've got a FIRST certificate from high school and now all my university courses are in Italian - so I have to learn it by my own. I registered to this forum to meet British people to make new friends while improving my scholastic English as I'm planning to move to GB after my Law degree.
Hope to get to know some of you - of course, in return I'm available to help you learning/improving your Italian!

Alice
Old Aug 15th 2014, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

fleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello to everybody!

Welcome to the forum.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 10:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alicelliott
Hello people!
I hope this is the right place to introduce myself.
I'm Alice, I'm from Como and I'm Italian. I'm deeply in love with the English language, so I thought it would have been a good idea to sign in this forum even if I'm not British. My university doesn't give me any chance to improve my English - I've got a FIRST certificate from high school and now all my university courses are in Italian - so I have to learn it by my own. I registered to this forum to meet British people to make new friends while improving my scholastic English as I'm planning to move to GB after my Law degree.
Hope to get to know some of you - of course, in return I'm available to help you learning/improving your Italian!

Alice
Hi Alice,

I'd like to add my welcome. You will see we have an Italian language thread so a mother-language speaker will be most helpful here.

Your post is nearly perfect - "on my own" or "by myself" would be better than the words in red above - hope that helps.

Mike
Old Aug 16th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Hi Alice,

I'd like to add my welcome. You will see we have an Italian language thread so a mother-language speaker will be most helpful here.

Your post is nearly perfect - "on my own" or "by myself" would be better than the words in red above - hope that helps.

Mike
Thank you! It surely helps. I've got a notebook where I write down all the mistakes I made to be sure I won't mess up again
Old Aug 16th 2014, 11:52 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Alice and welcome to this forum.
If you ever have any questions about how the site works just ask me. There are plenty of friendly people here to chat to and people to answer any questions you might have about the English language.
At the moment we seem to have quite a few debaters as well so if you feel like throwing yourself into any of those conversations you can do but, I imagine that you have enough on your plate just trying to get your head around some of the very complicated Italian laws
Good luck with you studies.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hello Alice and welcome to this forum.
If you ever have any questions about how the site works just ask me. There are plenty of friendly people here to chat to and people to answer any questions you might have about the English language.
At the moment we seem to have quite a few debaters as well so if you feel like throwing yourself into any of those conversations you can do but, I imagine that you have enough on your plate just trying to get your head around some of the very complicated Italian laws
Good luck with you studies.
Thank you! By now, I had the chance to look around and I found out some interesting debates
Old Aug 17th 2014, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alicelliott
Thank you! By now, I had the chance to look around and I found out some interesting debates
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, some interesting debates.

Be careful out there/on here.

Good luck for the future wherever it lies.