HAPPY HOUR

Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

You poor thing Indie - its never ending isnt it Never mind - just watch JK tomorrow morning and you will feel a whole lot better
My dd had never seen it and so we watched it yesterday - she was sat there, jaw hanging She said ' i cant believe people actually go on telly and say these things ' ..........tune in for more juicy bits tomorrow
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patty
You poor thing Indie - its never ending isnt it Never mind - just watch JK tomorrow morning and you will feel a whole lot better
My dd had never seen it and so we watched it yesterday - she was sat there, jaw hanging She said ' i cant believe people actually go on telly and say these things ' ..........tune in for more juicy bits tomorrow
Patty, do you mean Jeremy Kyle? I can't work out if the people on that show are for real or not. Scareee!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hmmm I am aftraid to say that I do think they are for real. I grew up on a housing estate in Brighton and the sort of mentality you see on good old Jeremy Vile is exactly the mentality I used to see a lot of... still do depending on which friends etc. I visit when I go home!! I often wonder what is wrong with our culture in the UK though for a) people to have attitudes and behave like this and b) for a very large proportion of the population to enjoy watching this stuff for entertainment. I've noticed this kinda middle class = good, working class and the upper classes = bad attitude on telly for quite a few years. If you think about it, programmes like Wife Swap for example, generally portrayed scummy working class wives not coping with the demands of the middle class home/ hubby etc whilst the middle class wife went into the council house, was shocked at the state, cleared it all up, made the kids love her etc. etc. etc. I must admit that once I noticed it it did make it a bit less entertaining... never mind, the government will be giving them all lessons in how to behave soon, then it'll all be ok!!

We tried to have a long chat with ds last night. All he wants out of life is to be a shelf stacker in Sainsbugs and an MP3 player... so our parenting is going well so far!! I am feeling a bit more zen this morning though, and sent him into school just to spite the teachers.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by indiebird
I am feeling a bit more zen this morning though, and sent him into school just to spite the teachers.
Hi, I've been reading this thread for a while without contributing (you're all very entertaining!) but I just wanted to say to Indiebird, I want to slap those teachers! Makes me worried about having kids here- if/when we do, their Italian father will definitely be dragged along to meetings with the teachers!

Hang on in there, you have the moral high ground!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:07 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Hi, I've been reading this thread for a while without contributing (you're all very entertaining!) but I just wanted to say to Indiebird, I want to slap those teachers! Makes me worried about having kids here- if/when we do, their Italian father will definitely be dragged along to meetings with the teachers!

Hang on in there, you have the moral high ground!
Goodnes - have you read all 200 and so pages ?

It must be like reading our diaries.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:10 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Goodnes - have you read all 200 and so pages ?

It must be like reading our diaries.
Maybe we should publish them.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Maybe we should publish them.
What do we call the book?

The real dolce vita.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

No I haven't read all 200 pages but I work from home so I it's nice to sneak onto forums occasionally!
Plainly I have a lot to learn about parent-teacher relations but there is no rush, we've only been married a month!

(and yes it is a little like reading your diaries, which is partly why I thought I'd better come clean and admit my presence!)
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:34 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

What do we call the book?

The real dolce vita.
Thought we could leave the title to Duffer, but then it would probalbly be relegated to the adults only section!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by K in Modena
No I haven't read all 200 pages but I work from home so I it's nice to sneak onto forums occasionally!
Plainly I have a lot to learn about parent-teacher relations but there is no rush, we've only been married a month!

(and yes it is a little like reading your diaries, which is partly why I thought I'd better come clean and admit my presence!)
It's only like a chatterbox diary though. None of us write anything too personal or intimate - it's a good way though of finding out that you're not always alone in your idea and interpretations of Italian life and stuff. Nice to share a laugh too.

When I was about 16 I overheard my mum telling her friend what was in my diary - word for word.
I took it to school the next day - ripped out all the written pages, and on the next big blank page I wrote in black marker pen,
"read this now you b*tch !" Then I put it back in its hiding place.

My mum has never ever mentioned that to this day and neither have I.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;7980212]It's only like a chatterbox diary though. None of us write anything too personal or intimate - it's a good way though of finding out that you're not always alone in your idea and interpretations of Italian life and stuff. Nice to share a laugh too.

QUOTE]

Yes, it seems a nice, friendly place. I've participated in the "other" forum a bit (the one threatening to close) but like a lot of people got bored of all the fighting. This one seems more of a laugh!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:56 am
Concierge

Some of my friends in the bigger town have always had the option of doposcuola but the old preside here never wanted to do anything - he was a real grumpy old git and a miserable sod.

The new one is younger and more modern. So far he has implemented the option of the settimana corta (no Saturday morning school), a better and larger school menu, banned homework on Saturdays and now the "Happy scuola" programme. That's what it is going to be called.

I have to get to the shop now. Chloe asked me to write a note in her book this morning saying -

"sorry teacher - I forgot to go and buy even more copertine yesterday so Chloe's books are not covered in plastic yet. I'll get some today - promise."

So I'd better go and buy some. And the bloody text books are larger this year than ever before and don't fit into the ready made copertine.
Well, you certainly had a very high opinion of him! I'm still waiting for the plumber, but least oh has turned up.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:26 am

Took kids to school.

Stopped at shop to buy cans of coke.

It's my morning after 'pick me up'.

Didn't think I was so very drunk last night but I've just seen my drunken post to Ernesto so must go and apologise on that thread and then try and move some of the school talk to the new school thread.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:37 am

Wow - I did it.

Off to watch the "Baby Borrowers" now - called 'apprendisti genitori' in Italian.

It's fascinating and just a little bit scary.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:55 am

Market day here today so I know what I'm having for lunch.

A spit roasted chicken stuffed with loads of rosemary and sage and thyme.

I might buy a bag full of the last of the summer fruits as well and make a big bowl of fruit salad.

Started reading one of the books I picked up in an old bookshop in Venice. It seemed familiar to me so I had a look on all my bookcases and yes - I've already got it.

It's called A Long Finish by Michael Dibdin.

It's a mystery set in a wine growing family in Rome so there are a few Italian words thrown about in the book.

I'll stick it in a jiffy bag and post if anybody fancies reading it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.