Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Grand Designs is on now ...

Grand Designs is on now ...

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Nellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the rough
Default Grand Designs is on now ...

Anybody watching? It's featuring a UK couple building in Italy.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Grand Designs is on now ...

Originally Posted by Nellybell
Anybody watching? It's featuring a UK couple building in Italy.
Where? When?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Nellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Where? When?
It was on yesterday evening - a repeat of course (but new to me since I went without UK TV for nearly 30 years).

The couple were in Puglia and were (re) building a B&B complex all on their own. Looks nice and seems to have been successful as they still have a website still up and running
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Thanks ..

It was on yesterday evening - a repeat of course (but new to me since I went without UK TV for nearly 30 years).
Me too .. even though I think I've learned to live without
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks ..

Me too .. even though I think I've learned to live without
Italian TV just got too much to bear when the elections were on, so I finally got around to sorting it out this January. Oh why didn't I do it earlier?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, you're right . .it's politics every night, or trash ..

Luckily I have Italian Sky so there is some respite with occasional films and American dramas/comedies .. as if they're any better!

When I got FilmOn to work on the telly (see other thread) OH immediately said..oh good, can we get rid of Sky now? ... bless!
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Yes, you're right . .it's politics every night, or trash ..

Luckily I have Italian Sky so there is some respite with occasional films and American dramas/comedies .. as if they're any better!

When I got FilmOn to work on the telly (see other thread) OH immediately said..oh good, can we get rid of Sky now? ... bless!
I just bought a digital sat box, had Mr Antenna man move the dish angle and hey presto, I've got UK TV (while it lasts ). It was Jenny G. who told me what to do.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

I just bought a digital sat box, had Mr Antenna man move the dish angle and hey presto, I've got UK TV (while it lasts ). It was Jenny G. who told me what to do.
Well done . .not worth the effort though as far as I'm concerned. Plus I can forsee various problems, and I am *not* getting up on that roof!
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Mark it is SO worth the effort and you dont have to get up on the roof.
Our dish is on the balcony. It just means that you can watch brilliant documentaries on Channel 4 and BBC with David Attenborough and all the team and loads and loads of comedy (old and new ... reruns of Fawlty Towers and all that!!!)......you know you have to do it
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Haha! ..temptress!

Maybe if we move house I might consider it ... plus we'll see how the BBC satellite thingey moves!