British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Al Fresco (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/)
-   -   Gay female looking for new friends in Milan! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/gay-female-looking-new-friends-milan-808591/)

nadine0895 Sep 8th 2013 7:14 pm

Gay female looking for new friends in Milan!

Hi there everyone. Im new to this website and have decided to join in order to make friends in Milan. I am coming over this weekend sept 13th-sept16th from Yorkshire UK. My intention is to make female friends (sexuality doesn't matter as long as youre gay friendly). I am not looking to date, or get chatted up strictly friends only. Im really bubbly, outgoing, a fun night out, I speak zero Italian but my intention for the weekend is to explore the gay scene a little bit as I am thinking of spending 3 months there. If you're willing to meet up for a night out please do get in touch. Many Thanks

nadine0895 Sep 8th 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Gay female looking for new friends in Milan!

Gay is a word with several meanings, not the kindve response I was expecting to be honest, I don't feel you've helped in the slightest with my question but thanks for sharing your feelings about the word gay.....noted....

Sancho Sep 9th 2013 5:57 am

Originally Posted by nadine0895 (Post 10891645)
Hi there everyone. Im new to this website and have decided to join in order to make friends in Milan. I am coming over this weekend sept 13th-sept16th from Yorkshire UK. My intention is to make female friends (sexuality doesn't matter as long as youre gay friendly). I am not looking to date, or get chatted up strictly friends only. Im really bubbly, outgoing, a fun night out, I speak zero Italian but my intention for the weekend is to explore the gay scene a little bit as I am thinking of spending 3 months there. If you're willing to meet up for a night out please do get in touch. Many Thanks

Hi Nadine,

If you make one more post - even if you just say OK or something - you should be able to send and receive PMs.

nadine0895 Sep 9th 2013 1:52 pm

Anyone got an answer to my question or has everyone decided to debate about the word gay.... thanks I will def pm.

duffer Sep 9th 2013 2:22 pm

Maybe peeps are afraid to be 'outted'

nadine0895 Sep 9th 2013 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 10892673)
Maybe peeps are afraid to be 'outted'

Maybe duffer who knows, I just don't understand how one word can deter folks from just helping a girl out and advise where to make friends...kinda sad really but thankies for cheering me up lol

duffer Sep 9th 2013 2:36 pm

Well now that you can receive PMs give it a few more days or perhaps bump the thread to keep it visible until next weekend.

Domino Sep 9th 2013 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by nadine0895 (Post 10892690)
Maybe duffer who knows, I just don't understand how one word can deter folks from just helping a girl out and advise where to make friends...kinda sad really but thankies for cheering me up lol

Nadine, now you have beaten the lower limit of 3 (which we all have had to comply with) things should get easier for you

`

nadine0895 Sep 9th 2013 2:42 pm

thanks domino

nadine0895 Sep 9th 2013 2:46 pm

Thankyou duffer for your help

piero Sep 9th 2013 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by nadine0895 (Post 10892721)
Thankyou duffer for your help

Central Station well a good place to pass by and get neck ache looking up and many people pass by there..........Have a look also good chance to meet a new friend

Sancho Sep 9th 2013 5:08 pm

I've sent you a PM.

Sally Redux Sep 9th 2013 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by nadine0895 (Post 10892926)
indeed sally, a bit harsh considering I was just looking for some friends to hang out with these weekend, its just turned into a debate, way to make newbies feel welcome

I am sorry for your lack of welcome, and hope you have fun on your trip and gain some useful information about the country :)

SirTK Sep 10th 2013 6:42 am

Nadine, there are lots of good people on this forum - don't be put off by the narrow-minded, double-figure IQ prats.

KatyR Sep 10th 2013 6:50 am

Originally Posted by SirTK (Post 10893685)
Nadine, there are lots of good people on this forum - don't be put off by the narrow-minded, double-figure IQ prats.

I agree. I have just sent you a PM....