British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Al Fresco (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/)
-   -   Gardaland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/gardaland-809609/)

duffer Sep 18th 2013 7:09 am

Gardaland

Ciao, we will be going to Gardaland during the weekend of 28-29 Sept. There will be at least 4 adults and 2 kids aged 5 and perhaps another 2 adults and 5yo.
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get free tickets apart from the buy 2 get 1 free coupons on the back of salad packets? I am sure there used to be buy 1 get 1 free tickets available somewhere?
Thanks in advance!

HADENOUGHPIZZA Sep 18th 2013 9:39 am

Re: Gardaland

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 10906198)
Ciao, we will be going to Gardaland during the weekend of 28-29 Sept. There will be at least 4 adults and 2 kids aged 5 and perhaps another 2 adults and 5yo.
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get free tickets apart from the buy 2 get 1 free coupons on the back of salad packets? I am sure there used to be buy 1 get 1 free tickets available somewhere?
Thanks in advance!

Esselunga does them at 10 eur + 1000 points or free with 2000 points ..

duffer Sep 18th 2013 12:22 pm

Ah Esselunga, the furthest east they go is Verona so nothing in Vicenza area. Are they perhaps part of a bigger chain of supermarkets?
During the summer we got to go to Thorpe Park and Longleat Safari with Tesco points!!

Lorna at Vicenza Oct 22nd 2013 7:06 am

Duffer did you go?

Mine want to go for Halloween.

duffer Oct 22nd 2013 9:19 am

No we didn't go because the kids were sick, so we were planning to go this Sunday but now we can't because the school is doing the Castagnata collecting of chestnuts day therefore we hope to go Sunday 3 November which is actually one of the last if not last day that Gardaland will be open this season. We can't go on any other days except for Friday 1 November.

37100 Oct 22nd 2013 9:29 am

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 10955665)
No we didn't go because the kids were sick, so we were planning to go this Sunday but now we can't because the school is doing the Castagnata collecting of chestnuts day therefore we hope to go Sunday 3 November which is actually one of the last if not last day that Gardaland will be open this season. We can't go on any other days except for Friday 1 November.

We took 3 small kids to the Christmas opening. It's mainly aimed a kids and not all the rides are open. They loved it! Though, 8hrs in the freezing cold was no joke us. :eek:

duffer Oct 22nd 2013 9:47 am

Is it opening for Xmas too? I hadn't thought about that. Would be nice for Halloween though...

37100 Oct 22nd 2013 10:22 am

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 10955701)
Is it opening for Xmas too? I hadn't thought about that. Would be nice for Halloween though...

The kids really enjoyed it. Us adults less due to the cold. It was so cold, we didn't stick around for the fireworks. They had days when you could get in free if you dressed as Santa or Befana.