Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

England vs Italy - Euro 2012

England vs Italy - Euro 2012

Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England vs Italy - Euro 2012

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Well I know nothing about football and haven't been following all the games. I know Italy beat Ireland.
Do we have a good, strong team?
Originally Posted by General Tojo
England actually play like an Italian team of the 80s so expect a 0-0 and tie decided by penalties....

More stereotypes here?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...12-stereotypes
Be fair guys, this is a woman who looked at me blankly and said "What? Who? Is that some football thing?" when I mentioned the FA Cup (sorry Lorna, but I know you freely admit your lack of knowledge )

England had better win, here in Australia I have to be in the pub by 3am for a lock in, for a game that starts at 4.45am.....followed by a full day at the office. If they bomb out to Italy woe betide anyone crossing me at work
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Be fair guys, this is a woman who looked at me blankly and said "What? Who? Is that some football thing?" when I mentioned the FA Cup (sorry Lorna, but I know you freely admit your lack of knowledge )

England had better win, here in Australia I have to be in the pub by 3am for a lock in, for a game that starts at 4.45am.....followed by a full day at the office. If they bomb out to Italy woe betide anyone crossing me at work

That's true! And when I first heard Italians talking about "la coppa UEFA" (pronounced wafer) I didn't know if they were talking about ice cream, biscuits or some football thing
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

That's true! And when I first heard Italians talking about "la coppa UEFA" (pronounced wafer) I didn't know if they were talking about ice cream, biscuits or some football thing
Bet you know 'biscotti' though?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon England
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:05 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

My half and half little boy is ready for the match.
Attached Thumbnails England vs Italy - Euro 2012-dscn2453.jpg  
Old Jun 24th 2012, 6:04 pm
Home and Happy

My half and half little boy is ready for the match.
Fab pic ) Say hi to him from me
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fab pic ) Say hi to him from me
I will when he's stopped sulking. Anyone would think he might be pleased that Italy won. He spent all night veering from one team to
the other.

Perhaps underneath the Italian veneer, he's my little English boy
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:25 pm

We lost. **** it !
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

I spent the week winding up the Italians in the office. Now they are all walking around with big grins on their faces.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Oh dear .... never mind .. could've been worse ..

Italy had at least five chances of scoring a goal, although they didn't did they...

We weren't that good but I think we can go out heads high ...

..the worst thing of course is not losing but now having to put up with Italians saying how great they were etc etc. etc..

Nobody even knows who Diamanti is and who he plays for!
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Well I yelled at the neighbours who were out on their balcony right outside our bedroom yelling the national anthem for waking my little girl up. I'll be supporting Germany next time, in hope of a bit of peace.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Well I yelled at the neighbours who were out on their balcony right outside our bedroom yelling the national anthem for waking my little girl up. I'll be supporting Germany next time, in hope of a bit of peace.
Actually I was surprised by the lack of yelling / horn honking . . but thank goodness!

Supporting Germany?? mmm..I think I'll be waving the 'Swiss' flag on this one ..
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:58 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Of course you should! No question! Honestly Lorna, shame on you for even thinking that England might not win.

Opps.

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Actually I was surprised by the lack of yelling / horn honking . . but thank goodness!

Supporting Germany?? mmm..I think I'll be waving the 'Swiss' flag on this one ..
Here too, but it was San Giovanni so a lot of people where in Turin centre waiting for the fireworks -and watching the match on the big screen. They delayed to the fireworks until the end of the match.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Well I am cross because I wanted to watch the match with my OH but he cleared off to Bologna to watch it with his mate, leaving me at home with the little one, and didn't get back til this morning. So I want to spoil his fun
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:11 am

I didn't hear any horns or people out in the streets either.
Years ago they all used to be out blowing car horns any time Italy won a match. They were all at it. Quite often the statue in the town sqaure used to get dressed in a flag too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.