Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

England vs Italy - Euro 2012

England vs Italy - Euro 2012

Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default England vs Italy - Euro 2012

Sunday, 24th June 20.45, W Europe time

Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:53 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England vs Italy - Euro 2012

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Sunday, 24th June 20.45, W Europe time

I am so happy to be working in an office full of Italians with this game coming up

Mind you they seem to be as pessimistic about their lot as we are about our bunch of no hopers - let's hope we get more friendly officials and are just as lucky
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I am so happy to be working in an office full of Italians with this game coming up

Mind you they seem to be as pessimistic about their lot as we are about our bunch of no hopers - let's hope we get more friendly officials and are just as lucky
Yeah I love winding them up!
Actually I saw the after-match chit-chat on ITV and they all seemed very happy and optimistic about England .. after all we won the match, came top of the table and got Italy instead of the much-feared Spain.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:06 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I love winding them up!
Actually I saw the after-match chit-chat on ITV and they all seemed very happy and optimistic about England .. after all we won the match, came top of the table and got Italy instead of the much-feared Spain.
Yeah watched that on RAI too - I sensed that on TV the pundits seemed to feel Italy have the easiest QF they could have got; however, the guys here, mainly tifosi di AS Roma, are definitely thinking more negatively.

Gut feeling is Spain and Germany are much better than either Italy or England.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

I don't really follow football but I will be shouting for England just to wind the locals up..
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:32 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I am winding up the locals too! Great fun it is too. They take it so seriously when I tell them their squad is so shite
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

me too - cant stand football usually - but when its a game like this I'm going to shout loud for England ( winds my OH up no end )
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

to everyone ---->

I think we've all learned that there's nothing like winding up the Italians about football!

Alos try telling them their best player is black (yes, still an issue) and plays for an English club!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

to everyone ---->

I think we've all learned that there's nothing like winding up the Italians about football!

Alos try telling them their best player is black (yes, still an issue) and plays for an English club!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

An Italian friend wants to bet tomorrow night's dinner on the results of the match.

What are the chances that England wins and I get a free dinner? Or that England loses and I end up paying for his?

Should I accept the bet?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:51 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
An Italian friend wants to bet tomorrow night's dinner on the results of the match.

What are the chances that England wins and I get a free dinner? Or that England loses and I end up paying for his?

Should I accept the bet?
Of course you should! No question! Honestly Lorna, shame on you for even thinking that England might not win.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Of course you should! No question! Honestly Lorna, shame on you for even thinking that England might not win.
Well I know nothing about football and haven't been following all the games. I know Italy beat Ireland.
Do we have a good, strong team?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
I just said to DH that I will put the flags on the house, the side of the not nice neighbours and he told me' do not bother, England will lose'.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 11:52 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Should I accept the bet?
I wouldn't bet, odds too much in his favour. This is the weekest soccer team we have had for years and although Italy aren't great they will be strong favourites. Our goalkeeper is top class so we might get 0-0 draw and win on penaties our other good player looked woefully short of practice and fitness in the last game having been banned for first 2 games. moreover, the right hand side of our defence comprises a full back who doesn't ever defend and the oldest slowest centre back ever to play international football and as for midfield creativity uhmm zero!

Not liking our chances but hope I am wrong as going to be watching it with 1 english mate and 20 Italians
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Well I know nothing about football and haven't been following all the games. I know Italy beat Ireland.
Do we have a good, strong team?

England actually play like an Italian team of the 80s so expect a 0-0 and tie decided by penalties....

More stereotypes here?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...12-stereotypes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.