Drink Card

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drink Card

I was invited out last Friday night and it was in one of those hated places where they give you a drink card at the entrance.
There was a big sign up saying "loss of drink card = 80 Euro."

It got me wondering ........... is this actually legal and what happens if you lose your card but don't have 80 euro in your pocket?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:00 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drink Card

Do you sign for it Lorna? If so, they would have more ground to stand on I think, should you loose it.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:06 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

No, they just hand them out to everyone going in.
The place on Friday was a pizzeria/restaurant come dancing place.
Standard prize of 16 euro included pizza, small drink and coffee ..... and the dancing part of the place if you wanted to stick around. Anything you get after that is another hole punched into your card.
It's a rip off system.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:09 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in my opinion then, they'd have a hard time getting the €80 then. What if someone stole your bag on their premises? Of course, if you don't pay up, you'd get banned.:-)))
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

If you spent more than €80 is it worth losing it?

We have an all you can eat sushi place here, where you take plates and have to eat everything on every plate you take. People have starting taking plastic bags to dump the rice in!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I never thought of it that way.
Order some fish and a few bottles of Prosecco and some cocktails and then lose the card.
My friends could all drink cocktails on my card saving their own cards.

Who's going to try it first?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

they tried this on with us recently when we took our son to a restaurant for a dance exhibition. We just gave the cards back when we were leaving and said 'we only came here to accompany our 12 yr old son' - they didnt say anything - but it left me a bit worried. The bouncers looked a bit mean and I wouldnt like to cross them. Would be interesting like Lorna says to find out just how legal this rip off actually is ?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

must get out more. never encountered one of these things.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Mar 5th 2011, 2:20 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere

We have an all you can eat sushi place here, where you take plates and have to eat everything on every plate you take. People have starting taking plastic bags to dump the rice in!
We have one of those here. They say they will charge you 25% extra if you don't eat what you take - it's not just sushi but a buffet too. So far it hasn't happened but then I rarely eat so much that I leave stuff. Antonia filled her plate last time we went then didn't like any of it we managed to get her to eat about half by threatening we would have to pay extra but on a kids meal that's all of €1.25 so I didn't really care other than the waste anyway..