Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Children dying on Italian roads-the stats

Children dying on Italian roads-the stats

Old Jul 11th 2014, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Children dying on Italian roads-the stats

If anyone is interested, 26 children died on the Italian roads last year:

Bambini sulle strade, un semestre nero: quest'anno 26 morti, l'8% in più - MOTORI

This is the new Northern Ireland video/ warning, upsetting/ about the fact that
28 children died in NI since 2000.

Shocking Northern Ireland road safety video banned before watershed shows speeding car killing entire group of children - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Old Jul 11th 2014, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children dying on Italian roads-the stats

Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me Isakat. I see people every day with children in the car, standing up or sitting in the front seat, no seat belts and sometimes sitting on Granny's knee. Mums chatting on their mobile whilst tackling a roundabout with children in the car .....I could go on. The italian government should do a campaign on primetime tv but probably people would take more notice if it was on the Barbara D'urso show....
Old Jul 11th 2014, 10:35 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me Isakat. I see people every day with children in the car, standing up or sitting in the front seat, no seat belts and sometimes sitting on Granny's knee. Mums chatting on their mobile whilst tackling a roundabout with children in the car .....I could go on. The italian government should do a campaign on primetime tv but probably people would take more notice if it was on the Barbara D'urso show....
Mums with kids sitting on front cycle seats and without a helmet in sight.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I remember an accident that happened recently when the only person who died was an 11 old girl and her dog. The others had seat belts on, but she did not and she was thrown out of the car with her dog who was on her lap onto the road.
How can her mother live with this? She was the driver....
Old Jul 11th 2014, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Mums with kids sitting on front cycle seats and without a helmet in sight.
Oh that makes me go all goose bumps when I see that - I know exactly what result even a small impact can have, as my sister was knocked off her bicycle a few years back and almost died.

Its hard to fathom these parents - they obsess about what their kids eat, how many layers of clothes to put on them in the slightest of breeze and yet they put them in cars and bikes with NO protection whatsoever - its very bizarre.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Plus it's not just the parents, it's the bad state of roads, pedestrain 'crossings', lack of proper pavements etc. No-one cares.

..and of course a lack of road sense education with kids .. How many like me had the Green Cross code, and slightly before that the Tufty Club drummed into them as kids??

I was waiting for me pizza last night at the takeaway and saw two kids running back and forth across a fairly busy road, albeit on a zebra crossing, quite happily. I shuddered every time.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG Mark - I had completely forgotten about the Tufty Club
and we also had the cycling proficiency at school to learn about road use.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
OMG Mark - I had completely forgotten about the Tufty Club
and we also had the cycling proficiency at school to learn about road use.
Yup! Did that one too! .. before the days of cycling helmets mind...

I notice they've added "Think" to the Green Cross road-crossing mantra now..
Stop! Look! Listen! Think! | LearnEnglish Kids | British Council