Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Burglary stats in Italy

Burglary stats in Italy

Old Feb 22nd 2015, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Burglary stats in Italy

Allarme furti in Italia, Censis: «Colpita una casa ogni due minuti»

Something to bear in mind.
Percentage of burglaries in 2014 compared to 10 years ago per province:

Forlì-Cesena ( +312,9%), Mantova (+251,3%), Udine (+250,0%), Terni (+243,7%) e Bergamo (+234,3%).

Milano (+229,2% nel periodo 2004-2013), Firenze (+177,3%), Torino (+172,6%), Padova (+143,3%), Palermo (+128,4%), Venezia (+120,9%), Roma (+120,6%), Bologna (+104,5%) e Verona (+103,4%).

Violent burglaries are up 3,7% in regard to the previous year.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burglary stats in Italy

The house 2 doors down from me was burgled a few days ago.

They pulled the grata off the wall between 5-6 pm when there was noone at home. The bastards collected the money and gold, including the kids's piggy banks, but left all electronics.

I do not have grati but heavy electric steel shutters. Still, I am thinking they might cut through them if they want.
What a world we live in... I remember the time when we lived in the UK and we had nothing on the windows and a flimsy door.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 8:20 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat

They pulled the grata off the wall between 5-6 pm when there was noone at home. The bastards collected the money and gold, including the kids's piggy banks, but left all electronics.

I do not have grati but heavy electric steel shutters. Still, I am thinking they might cut through them if they want.
What a world we live in... I remember the time when we lived in the UK and we had nothing on the windows and a flimsy door.
Yes, Isakat. They can open metal shutters can opener style.

A few weeks ago, our downstairs neighbours were revisted. Our building has cameras so the whole thing was filmed. The burlgars hauled themselves up the balconies. Our neighbours blinds aren't metal, so it didn't take them long to get past them. They then took the whole patio door off.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat

Still very much the same now, nothing on windows and flimsy doors. Is the UK the only country in Europe that doesn't use grates on windows and ''porte blindate'' ? Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, a good part of Germany houses are '' protected '' in this way.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

Although the general feeling I personally have is of a safe city, I think it all depends on where you live and what age you are. Some categories are weaker. Loads of burglary in the detached villette in the outskirts and in the valleys. In Seriana Vally they started mounting cameras that check all cars coming in and out, to see if there are stolen or not regular. Last week my mom was pick pocketed on the bus. She got off, realised the guy standing close to her stole her purse. She called the police and started following the chap (...viking spirit!). The police kept her for minutes on the phone asking stupid questions. She stopped a passing by police car and told them to run after the chap. The police started again questioning her and did nothing!! What the f!@%$^%$^%$ + a coupe of days ago there was a 1 million euro hit in a jewellery right in the city center. Someone told me the police does nothing because they free all burglars after few days anyway, so why bother. Damm. PS: I prefer carabinieri!
Old Mar 19th 2015, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Several years ago one of my friends was burgled while they slept. They climbed to the 3rd floor window and stole money and jewelry.

The burglars left fingerprints but the police was not interested in collecting them-they told her it was most likely young 'Nomadi, whose fingerprints they do not have in their system and they will let them out anyway as they are ,minoreni.

The same thing happened to their neighbours( different part of Rome) a month ago.

I do agree that there are lots of burglaries in the isolated houses, but there are many burglaries in Rome in apartments, especially in the affluent Prati and Olgiata areas.
People have started organizing themselves with security patrols/they have been paying companies to patrol their areas.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

The Carabinieri are off teaching pólice forces in different countries about policing. Between this and the many sportsmen and women that are full time Carabinieri, it doesn't surprise that they have the lowest serious crime detection rate in Europe at under 11%. Montalbano is in Sicily unfortunately. One of our local mafia boss's used to have a largish Croc in his garden, Seemed to work, although there may have been other reasons why he wasn't done..............

Last edited by Maybe1day; Apr 20th 2015 at 4:05 pm.