Books

Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Books

I love reading (its the love of my life)...but I got fed up ordering from sites and having to pay a fortune either in p&p or in the exchange rate. I have just discovered a great site where they are offering p&p to Europe free ! I bought 4 used books and spent the princely sum of ten pounds - great
The site is awesomebooks. (by the way, I dont work for them - I just utterly love reading) I'll let you know what their delivery times are like.
I noticed on amazon uk that the delivery prices have been hiked up enormously and it puts me off.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Books

Originally Posted by Patty
I love reading (its the love of my life)...but I got fed up ordering from sites and having to pay a fortune either in p&p or in the exchange rate. I have just discovered a great site where they are offering p&p to Europe free ! I bought 4 used books and spent the princely sum of ten pounds - great
The site is awesomebooks. (by the way, I dont work for them - I just utterly love reading) I'll let you know what their delivery times are like.
I noticed on amazon uk that the delivery prices have been hiked up enormously and it puts me off.
Hi Patty, it looks like a great site, it would be interesting to know the delivery times.

Pete
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

What are people reading at the moment? In the past two months I've read the four Sherlock Holmes novels...Hound of the Baskervilles the best. David Copperfield. Good. Middlemarch OK. (both were on my catch up list). A couple of cooking narratives. One by Jay Rayner and the other by Gabrielle Hamilton. Both OKish. The first Tim Park as recommended on here. Nothing changed in twenty years I see. A couple of true crimes. The Great Train Robbery, Stewart Richards and Freddie Foreman's autobiography. Also 'Day one Trader' about the Liffe market and The Expats by Christ Pavone. Very good. I would give 5 out of 5 for this one. Lastly 'Enigma' Hugh SM and First Class A History of Britain in 36 Postage Stamps.

I do have a life I promise.

Last edited by Capo Boi; Aug 15th 2013 at 8:58 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yipppeeee - my books have arrived. Ordered them 9 days ago and so I am very happy. I've got a long list and so now I can continue to order the ones that I've been wanting to read for ages

Capo - at the mo am reading Jodi Picoult - Keeping Faith. Just finished my first Nicci French book and loved it. Also re-read a couple of Patricia Cornwell. My son gave me The Last Runaway by Tracey Chevalier (The girl with the pearl earring) and this latest book is absolutely beautiful - highly recommend it.
And....These is my words by Nancy Turner another great read.
Oh and almost forgot - yesterday I finished the Woman he loved before by Dorothy Koomson - recommend.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I ordered a Collins Dictionary through an amazon seller in about mid July. It said 'despatched from UK' although as it didn't arrive after two weeks (within the expected time) I wrote to them and said so, then they quickly replied and said they'd said another one FOC.

This morning I found a package on my desk ... sent from New Delhi! .. it's the Collins Dictionary.

Good to read your suggestions.

I've more or less converted to Kindle but anyway I'm not reading many novels atm as I'm steeped in academia. For 'enjoyment' I'm reading Steven Pinker's The Stuff of Thought: Language as a Window into Human Nature.

Old Aug 26th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

oooh I really like Steven Pinker's books especially '' The language Instintct '' !! I got a kindle in July and am pleased with it so far .
Old Aug 26th 2013, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
oooh I really like Steven Pinker's books especially '' The language Instintct '' !! I got a kindle in July and am pleased with it so far .
Hi HadEnough .. glad you like Pinker too..and Kindle! I had "issues" with mine last month and amazon.it sent a new one within 24 hours.

..and a belated Happy Anniversary . .great day to get married.