Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Baby Emily is here!

Baby Emily is here!

Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Baby Emily is here!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
If he needs convincing just squirt 6 ml of salt water up his nose. That should do the trick
Love it Lorna!!!!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
If he needs convincing just squirt 6 ml of salt water up his nose. That should do the trick
Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I KNOW this sounds gross (and probably is) but I used to just suck it out, mouth to nose. The syringe doesn't hurt them but certainly isn't pleasant.
Now that makes me feel truly ill! and I've had 3 of my own and 5 foster babies. What's wrong with a twist of tissue?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 6:15 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Hi, since becoming a nonni I have come across some stuff not seen by myself in all my years in the childcare scene. The removal of snot with a small turkey baster, the " baby sign language" being taught, the huge prams like cadillacs and, they cost as much. When I take my two out in the "buggy" it's like a tank maneuver exercise. The said buggy needs huge bagged weights to keep one end down....Eeeee, I don't know. Where has the simple small bag on yer shoulder and the lightweight fold up stripey pushchair gone?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 6:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I had a very lightweight, simple, fold up buggy for my kids. I bought it here in Italy. It came with a sun roof instead of a rain cover
Was great when travelling. I could flip it and fold it up in a jiffy and shove it on the airoplane.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:03 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still amazed that no-one came across the syringing in the UK. Like I said it was normal practice with Antonia when she had a cold. Other than sucking it out like LH suggested how else do you get rid without pushing it further up the nose?? All the Brighton Health visitors suggested it - Indie - you must've had a different bunch to me with Julia!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 2:07 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I'm still amazed that no-one came across the syringing in the UK. Like I said it was normal practice with Antonia when she had a cold. Other than sucking it out like LH suggested how else do you get rid without pushing it further up the nose?? All the Brighton Health visitors suggested it - Indie - you must've had a different bunch to me with Julia!
No...I have never seen it before , the nose sucking. I think its a good thing. Has anyone tried it on themselves yet during a heavy cold!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:25 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

My OH used to have to do it 'cos he has nasal and sinus problems combined with allergies. He had an op to try and stop his snoring years ago and they sent him home (UK) with a kidney bowl and straws plus antiseptic powder he had to snort up his nose to keep it infection free!!!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
My OH used to have to do it 'cos he has nasal and sinus problems combined with allergies. He had an op to try and stop his snoring years ago and they sent him home (UK) with a kidney bowl and straws plus antiseptic powder he had to snort up his nose to keep it infection free!!!
Now this is one thread that makes me feel sick
Old Nov 8th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by conniewalker
Now this is one thread that makes me feel sick
Oh, poor little Emily, her thread is making people feel sick!

On a positive note, her paediatrician doesn't like the syringe-up-the-nose method either so I have ammunition for when we see MIL at Christmas (and I will need it too!)
Old Nov 8th 2010, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Oh, poor little Emily, her thread is making people feel sick!

On a positive note, her paediatrician doesn't like the syringe-up-the-nose method either so I have ammunition for when we see MIL at Christmas (and I will need it too!)
Bless you! and Emily. I imagine that she is utterly beautiful and adored
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by conniewalker
Bless you! and Emily. I imagine that she is utterly beautiful and adored
She is indeed! She is also a giantess. I took her for a check-up at two and a half months and she was off the charts- apparently she's the size of a 5 month old!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 8:09 am
Just Joined

elisaclaudio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Our Italian-English baby, Emily Rose was born in Modena on 10th August, weighing 4.17 kg and measuring 53 cm!

The hospital stay was quite the experience. Emily was born at the lovely birthing centre of the local hospital, but sadly it's so tiny (room for 2 labouring women and 2 recovering ones) that there wasn't room for me to stay and I was sent to the main ward- where I spent 3 days being addressed as "bed 29"! Plus, hardly any help for this first time mum with breastfeeding, then 2 days into my stay I got a massive dressing down as the baby was having difficulty latching on, and was made to bottle feed! I'm now back home trying to undo that damage with the help of a midwife at the local consultorio.

Anyway, we're trying to get all her documents in order and it would seem that Italy does not issue birth certificates- can this be true? I can see it causing all kinds of chaos in Britain if my half-British baby has no birth certificate!

Emily is absolutely beautiful by the way!
Hi K! Will Emily go to the kindergarden in Modena from September?
Old Jul 28th 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elisaclaudio
Hi K! Will Emily go to the kindergarden in Modena from September?
She will, yes.