Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Zimbabwe - what future??

Zimbabwe - what future??

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:14 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zimbabwe - what future??

Originally Posted by pgtips
TigerOC,

I must say I am impressed with your response and thank you for explaining in such detail. Also pointing out the difference in the Zimbabwe and South Africa experience.

I must also commend you on the intelligent way you have expressed your viewpoint without resorting to insult. You are the kind of person Africa would welcome with open arms whether you were black or white and its a pity there are not much more like you.

I must say it was refreshing reading your reasoning and experiences and please note I am not out to offend anyone.

I just pray that one day the blacks and whites in Zimbabwe will learn how to live in peace and harmony and no one is judged by the colour of their skin, but the content of their character.
You really are priceless.

Where is your rhetoric now? Is it missing because you finally realise that you know nothing about Africa?

Have you seen that no amount of reading can prepare you for the reality that is Africa?

People in Africa are not black and white ... they are Africans. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you might begin to understand how Africa works.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
TigerOC,

. Also pointing out the difference in the Zimbabwe and South Africa experience.

PGTips, what years were you in SA during the apartheid years?
What were your experiences?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1066
You really are priceless.

Where is your rhetoric now? Is it missing because you finally realise that you know nothing about Africa?

Have you seen that no amount of reading can prepare you for the reality that is Africa?

People in Africa are not black and white ... they are Africans. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you might begin to understand how Africa works.
Originally Posted by Daxk
PGTips, what years were you in SA during the apartheid years?
What were your experiences?

Oh come on give the guy a break. He challenged the post in the beginning of the thread as he had a different opinion. He then got riled up as he got had a go at for having a different opinion and got attacked by a usual suspect, he is now saying that Tigers post was pretty thoughtful and he can understand why he has a difference of opinion. Can't you just leave it at that?!!!!

pgtips - Although I disagree with Tiger OC in some of his opinions on Zimbabwe, mostly because I believe some are based on media exaggeration. he is one of the few who whilst having a rather negative view on Africa is more than willing to show why and where it came from. There are many on here (for example the person who personally attacked you - surprise surprise) who simply refuse to let any poster put their view of Africa forward if it is positive. Daxk whatever his/her flippant remarks in some posts over all African leaders as dictators is another who doesn't usually attack in the same vein as some on here.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:45 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

If pgtips had any personal experience of Africa, I could understand and appreciate a different point of view ...... but he hasn't.

He has never been to Africa. All his 'knowledge' comes from reading, and probably talking to equally misguided like-minded individuals.

Give him a break? Not in this lifetime.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Leigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really nice

I cannot believe the bitterness and prejudice one encounters on this forum. For goodness sake grow up!

Everyone is EQUAL regardless of race, colour and creed. The sooner some realise this, the better it is for your own emotional well being. I just pity the poor kids of some, who are probably taught to hate from any early age.

How can some people live with so much hatred and bitterness, doesn't hatred eventually destroy the one who carries it?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rick b
Oh come on give the guy a break. He challenged the post in the beginning of the thread as he had a different opinion. He then got riled up as he got had a go at for having a different opinion and got attacked by a usual suspect, he is now saying that Tigers post was pretty thoughtful and he can understand why he has a difference of opinion. Can't you just leave it at that?!!!!
The only person who did any attacking was Pgtips. But if you keep saying your lies often enough, I suppose you think some fool will believe you.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Leigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really nice

I reiterate, Everyone is EQUAL regardless of race, colour and creed
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Hooooi! Rick B,Who said I was attacking??
Straightforward question, PGTip had such passion I wanted to know if he/she/it had been locked up by the apartheid Police?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leigh of the Valley
I reiterate, Everyone is EQUAL regardless of race, colour and creed
You know, writing it out in big screamy capital letters doesn't make it true.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo
You know, writing it out in big screamy capital letters doesn't make it true.
I guess for you it doesn't
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

I guess for you it doesn't
For any rational person it doesn't.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

For any rational person it doesn't.
Racial superiority is a mere pigment of your imagination.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Racial superiority is a mere pigment of your imagination.
What tripe. Actually I see you are the bogus poster the moderator jumped on earlier. So whoever you are, goodbye.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

What tripe. Actually I see you are the bogus poster the moderator jumped on earlier. So whoever you are, goodbye.
If I was bogus, then why am I able to post on this forum?
Just make sure your hatred does not send you to an early grave, for it will nibble at your humanity slowly and painfully.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:31 am
Happily hungover

Originally Posted by Daxk
Hooooi! Rick B,Who said I was attacking??
I think the barb was aimed at me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.