Reload this Page >

Zimbabwe Agricultural Research

Zimbabwe Agricultural Research

Old Jan 29th 2013, 9:16 am
Just Joined

cajphelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Zimbabwe Agricultural Research

To Whom It May Concern:

I am contacting you about a research project that British Expats who formerly or currently live in Zimbabwe, might be willing and able to participate in? I am looking for former or current commercial/large-scale farmers to agree to a brief semi-structured interview via Skype sometime in the next few weeks. The interviews will be used for my Master of Arts Dissertation in Geography at the University of St Andrews. The title of my research is: “Analysing the role of agricultural policy and institutions in the context of creating food security in Zimbabwe”.

My aim is to research how agricultural policy and institutions have specifically influenced and shaped crop selection and yield, altered the dynamics behind development goals and determined who were the key actors or institutions involved over the past fifty years.

The interview will revolve around interviewees’ experiences working in Zimbabwe, interactions with locals, personal knowledge and perception of the economy and policies, and recommendations for the future. The governing ethics body of the University of St Andrews has approved this research, all interviewee’s names will be kept confidential, and will they will be able to withdraw at any stage or decline to answer any questions.

I look forward to speaking with you or any members/contributors who may be interested in participating in this interview! Please feel free to contact me with questions, or have your colleagues contact me themselves, using the contact information provided below. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Catherine Phelps
Primary Researcher, University of St Andrews
[email protected]

Dr. Sharon Leahy
Research Supervisor, University of St Andrews
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

kevin04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Zimbabwe Agricultural Research

You could try contacting David Coltart, a minister for the Zimbabwe government? He is on Twitter and Facebook often. Although he's the minister for Sports and Cultural Affairs, he seems a nice and open guy who might be able to help you.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

cajphelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Zimbabwe Agricultural Research

Originally Posted by kevin04
You could try contacting David Coltart, a minister for the Zimbabwe government? He is on Twitter and Facebook often. Although he's the minister for Sports and Cultural Affairs, he seems a nice and open guy who might be able to help you.
Thank you, Kevin. I will look into it!
Best,

Catherine