Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Old May 18th 2007, 9:43 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Originally Posted by hahahaha
Instead of fault-finding why don't you answer my queries?
Are you referring to people finding fault with the slaughters that are happing in SA ?

I think that is a fault don’t you ?
Old May 18th 2007, 9:45 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

South Africans exaggerate crime more than any other race. Just look at this thread!

South Africa is known to have the highest crime rate in the world, do you think that has something to do with it ?

Do you have a link to stats of how many people are exaggerating?
Old May 18th 2007, 9:46 pm
Banned

Strange then that the murder rate, the one reliable crime stat, continues to drop year after year.

Why does it keep going up in the media then ?
Old May 18th 2007, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
As you have suggested, I am somewhat of a simpleton, so humour me please!
My humble question is: If, as you suggest, things are improving in SA, why are FIFA considering their decision to hold the Football World Cup in SA? I think it is 2010.
But already there is a lobby to change the venue.
Hardly a symptom of an improving situation wouldn't you think?
I'll just go back in my dunce's corner and dream up the next stupid post!
I think you should check the FIFA website and not the local news to get facts. We see this all the time on the news in Australia, only because they have offerd the country as an alternative venue. FIFA say it is still on. Of course there will be a lobby or 3, but as always driven by self interest.
http://www.fifa.com/en/worldcup/inde...ticleid=135977
Old May 19th 2007, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

South Africans exaggerate crime more than any other race. Just look at this thread!
The official statistics website for the country
http://www.statssa.gov.za/
AIDS stats
http://www.rebirth.co.za/AIDS_in_Africa_1.htm
SAPS official stats
http://www.saps.gov.za/statistics/re...rime_stats.htm
OK so we do. Will some american stats help
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/sf.html
For travelers
http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/...ures_1218.html

maybe some pictures will help. This site is a bit over the top but film and pics dont lie. I saw some of this type of stuff first hand. Beware this page makes Blood diamond the movie look pretty tame!
http://www.africancrisis.org/Photos45.asp :curse:
http://www.africancrisis.org/ZZZ/ZZZ_News_008802.asp

Of course there is Homecoming revolution and others for a more unreal but pretty side of South Africa. All true but who cares if the Baragwanath hospital is the biggest in the world if all you can do is go there to die or lie in your own blood urine whilst cockroaches run around like they are about to Toyi Toyi about the bad food, or where my wife worked every black child under 7 was coming there to die of AIDS, or the fact that if you are white and live in Edenvale, you get sent to Tembisa Hospital in a black township, but not to the Edenvale hospital becuase that is reserved for Alexandra. Now I ask with tears in my eyes is that not stupidity due to reverse racism.
On a lighter side, as a police reservist we provided security for the Edenvale cycle race and every year the mayo would arrive and start the race dressed in his regallia. The first year there was a black mayor, he arrived late in his pyjamas and slipper at 8am , not the usual 7am. I and others refused to help after that. The maggos bar bomber Robert mcB was caught in Kempton drunk driving, but it was swept under the carpet in typical African style

Check it out and get back to us who exaggerate
Old May 19th 2007, 9:01 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

When was that covered up? It's been reported internationally for years.

Just my two cents, though your posts are markedly less sensationalist than many of the others 'Kitten'.
Well apparently you are the only one who knows about it then, because everyone I have ever spoken to about it in the UK was shocked.

Is there something wrong with my nickname?

If it's statistics you wanted then check out http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

South Africa is second only to Columbia when it comes to murders per Capita. We wind hands down when it comes to assaults, rapes, and murders with firearms.
Old May 19th 2007, 9:06 pm

I must just add that those are just the reported crimes. I have no doubt that the figures would soar if it weren't for intimidation and people being too scared to report crimes or testify.
Old May 20th 2007, 1:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Kitten24
I must just add that those are just the reported crimes. I have no doubt that the figures would soar if it weren't for intimidation and people being too scared to report crimes or testify.
Exactly ..............
Old May 20th 2007, 11:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sa2oz
Having said that I think it admirable that you feel it your duty to single handely stop migration and tourism to South Africa based on your bad experience a few years ago and reading to much IOL and news24 etc.
I guess that is your interpretation !

I certainly don’t think I am the only person on this forum ( for example) that has the outlook that SA is going to become another Zim and the crime and slaughters are just the tip of the iceberg of major problems facing South Africa

There is a whole heap of issues that ultimately contribute to the collapse of SA and many of these that people can accept to live with or without ( such as electricity and water) but the violent crime is the biggie.

Perhaps if you (and others) stopped viewing my attitude as stopping tourism and immigration to SA as perhaps a cry for others to join in and tell the truth then maybe if the tourists and immigrants dry-up then the ANC will need to address the real problem. The problem is not one person on a forum expressing their views but the real issues.
Old May 20th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

The big uncomfortable truth about South Africa is that it wouldn't be the desirable functioning place that so many tourists and potential immigrants want to go to if it had not been for the hated minority government that held the madness at bay while the rest of Africa was rapidly collapsing into basketcasedom.

Why isn't there a forum for all those people who want to emigrate to Congo? Or Angola? Or Kenya? Or [*place your African country here*]....?

And when is Mbeki going to admit he was wrong about his aids denial? Answer: never. Because these African leaders are incapable of admitting they were wrong. Most of them aren't even capable of leaving office once they've got in.

Pablo
Old May 26th 2007, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Peanut 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crownjewels
Homecomming revolution??? Whats that???? Get a life mate..... I haven't even posted this a second ago, Yes you have just confirm all you do is whinge!!! All the treads you posted here goes back for years and you keep on complaining!!! Well I am going to leave it there, I have better things to do with my life than complain about one country.

If you spend as much time complaining about South Africa why don't you do something positive like get a visa and leave South Africa, get yourself out of Africa!!! But please just stop whinging about the crime!

I have been to South Africa in 2007, and had a good time.
I just got back and had a excellent time
Old May 26th 2007, 8:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Peanut 1
I just got back and had a excellent time
So please tell us about it in detail....

Where
When
Why
How much
What you did

etc etc etc

Where you are based etc etc, you know - the normal stuff that seems to drive everybody nuts
Old May 26th 2007, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Peanut 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells
So please tell us about it in detail....

Where
When
Why
How much
What you did

etc etc etc

Where you are based etc etc, you know - the normal stuff that seems to drive everybody nuts
What i did is none of your bussiness. I live in SA for most of my life and it has not changed drastically for the worst as you people make it out to be. Secondly i have family and friends who are doing really well in terms of work, finances etc. Yes there is crime so what, where isnt there crime. You didnt like it so you left. Get a life for crying out loud u pathetic fool
Old May 26th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

What i did is none of your bussiness. I live in SA for most of my life and it has not changed drastically for the worst as you people make it out to be. Secondly i have family and friends who are doing really well in terms of work, finances etc. Yes there is crime so what, where isnt there crime. You didnt like it so you left. Get a life for crying out loud u pathetic fool
A class act, I see.

Pablo
Old May 26th 2007, 12:28 pm

It was a polite question, in my opinion, not need to be so defensive. Just tell us all about your holiday.

Did you have fun? Did you go down to the coast at all? What was the weather like? Take any pics?

I took some fab ones, will add them as soon as I have some spare time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.