Visiting Zimbabwe

Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice
Default Re: Visiting Zimbabwe

[QUOTE=Campbells;6076731]Assuming & attacking AGAIN

Originally Posted by Rick b
As the Moderator has said he/she will stop any further attacks thankfully I will answer your post.

In your first post you pasted a letter that has been widely derided as exaggerated and factually incorrect. I pointed this out.

And in the process attacked me
I will not degenerate this thread further as it should be about visiting Zimbabwe. I will just correct one of your illusions. I am not based in London. I am now fully based in Zimbabwe and do not take forex earned in Zimbabwe out of the country. To do so would, in my opinion, mean I am taking and not giving back and that is not something I would do.

Can we agree to keep this thread only for answering questions and giving information on the subject of visiting Zimbabwe?

To any individual that may be reading these exchanges - if you are thinking about going to Zimbabwe - call or e-mail any one of the many people who operate tourist business's in Zim. Also speak to the Foreign office of the UK who will give you the honest truth about safety and what to expect in Zimbabwe as a tourist. There are many problems in the country economically and otherwise, but the country is still open and friendly to visitors. There is NOT a high crime rate and crime in Zimbabwe is of no comparison to South Africa.

Above all look at many different sources before you decide to go. Make sure you get a complete story and do your research properly. Although it is quite safe, it is not especially easy for independent travel especially if you do not know anyone in the country. If it's your first time to Zimbabwe, I would suggest using one of the many either local or international operators who will have vast experience in making sure you have a good holiday.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:05 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Zimbabwe

I think it is only fair that a link be supplied to the US State Department offering their advice to their citizens considering a trip to Zimbabwe. Here it is and it speaks for itself. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1063.html Also have a link for the British foreign office for those that are interested. http://www.allsafetravels.com/Countr...?countryid=158

Last edited by Tegwyn; Mar 18th 2008 at 2:22 am. Reason: Included British government link