africa

Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:34 am
Banned

mountaintop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default africa

which is the safest place to live in africa?
Old Mar 1st 2016, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: africa

I think you have to narrow that down a bit. Africa is a huge and diverse continent.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 9:28 am
Banned

which countries are the safest to live
Old Mar 1st 2016, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It is very difficult for foreigners to get visas and work permits for most African countries.Since Independence, all African States have pursued policies of localisation and africanisation of the work force.
I do not think you should worry about "Safety" since the chances of getting employment or self-employment in most African countries approximate zero.
I realise that you do not want to read that negative spin but I feel that you have to stare reality in the face. I worked in Central Africa and in West Africa and it enriched my life, but outwith VSO-type opportunities for the highly-skilled, there is very little going these days.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 1:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by scot47
It is very difficult for foreigners to get visas and work permits for most African countries.Since Independence, all African States have pursued policies of localisation and africanisation of the work force.
I do not think you should worry about "Safety" since the chances of getting employment or self-employment in most African countries approximate zero.
I realise that you do not want to read that negative spin but I feel that you have to stare reality in the face. I worked in Central Africa and in West Africa and it enriched my life, but outwith VSO-type opportunities for the highly-skilled, there is very little going these days.
Thank you for your opinion, I am from Africa so know about employment there, you are incorrect in saying that there is little or no employment. There is a huge amount of employment in teaching, geology, medicine, engineering, journalism and also with UN, and NGOs.

However, I was particularly seeking first hand accounts of SAFETY and not EMPLOYMENT from expats currently living in Africa.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 1:58 pm
Banned

So to reiterate, which countries, in expats experience, are safe to live in at present in Africa.
Due to the changing climate politically and economically, this is obviously an aspect which is ever changing.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mountaintop
Thank you for your opinion, I am from Africa so know about employment there, you are incorrect in saying that there is little or no employment. There is a huge amount of employment in teaching, geology, medicine, engineering, journalism and also with UN, and NGOs.

However, I was particularly seeking first hand accounts of SAFETY and not EMPLOYMENT from expats currently living in Africa.
Well if you had started by saying you already have the right to live there and have no worries about getting a job in any African country, no-one would have offered you advice on that. However, you didn't so people will naturally chime in to try and be helpful No need to be quite so rude in reply!
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies n Gentlemen Mountaintop has left the building!
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:15 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

As you clearly dont want to say which country or countries you are able to work in without requiring a permit - which you probably wont get - i can only suggest you look at the cia yearbook online or any number of other sources which will answer statistically crime and risk related questions.

Another approach is to find out what special skills you have that are needed in africa - where you might get some traction with work related visas therefore and then find out where they are needed and look at info for those areas.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Ladies n Gentlemen Mountaintop has left the building!
And we barely got to know her.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
One believes that one had known her (in the non biblical sense) sufficiently well to understand that she may not have been the crunchiest biscuit in the tin. You cannot see her posts in other threads but she was, as the Chinese say, interesting
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
One believes that one had known her (in the non biblical sense) sufficiently well to understand that she may not have been the crunchiest biscuit in the tin.
I think she might have done better if she had been a little less crunchy.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 11:37 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I go to the beach for 5 bloody minutes and miss the only action this thread has seen in years.

Bollocks.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by ededed
I go to the beach for 5 bloody minutes and miss the only action this thread has seen in years.

Bollocks.
Don't you start getting crunchy on us!
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 11:55 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you start getting crunchy on us!

Yes pops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.