Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Trade your Brit passport for S African passport??

Trade your Brit passport for S African passport??

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Trade your Brit passport for S African passport??

Originally Posted by sa2oz
We also love it here but you funding takes a severe battering.

I have to laugh at some of the views about South Africa from people who still believe it is a great place. I am saying these things as if I were an Australian but I hope to live here till my kids have grandchildren!

Melbourne is a great city. i am there again for a week on training.
In RSA I was to old to train : )
And I "have to laugh" at all the old racists who can't cope with living in a democratic country run by the majority of her Citizens.

You wouldn't feel obliged to run the country down if you didn't still feel something for it - shame it must be hard to be so bitter and twisted.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

stormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Trade your Brit passport for S African passport??

Originally Posted by Sunlover
And I "have to laugh" at all the old racists who can't cope with living in a democratic country run by the majority of her Citizens.

You wouldn't feel obliged to run the country down if you didn't still feel something for it - shame it must be hard to be so bitter and twisted.
Touche...
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

A brilliant brain at work here...NOT.....

Not knowing anything about our respective backgrounds, what color we are even...you make an assinine assumption. Just like your parrot friend stormer....two brains, one brain cell between the two of you.

I see that 40 people were injured and ten MURDERED by the Government this week, HIV positive people, sick people in fact, who were shot whilst staging a peaceful protest regarding the government's stance (non-stance in fact) on the Aids issue.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200507130222.html

A government minister went over to Zimbabwe to take notes on how to demolish people's shelter, again in the past week or so.

You people are ridiculous.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 6:28 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

That is rich, coming from somebody with Canadian PR as well as Australian PR.
I think one of 'the old racists' is called sunlover.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

stormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant future

izibear
blah blah blah fart blah blah fart blah blah fart
and you must take your pink pills daily...otherwise you'll relapse and loos it agian...
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stormer
izibear
blah blah blah fart blah blah fart blah blah fart
and you must take your pink pills daily...otherwise you'll relapse and loos it agian...
Are you childish or what?

Pablo
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo
Are you childish or what?

Pablo
I'm 'or what part'.
and are you chdlish or what?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Piccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nice

Originally Posted by izibear
A brilliant brain at work here...NOT.....

Not knowing anything about our respective backgrounds, what color we are even...you make an assinine assumption. Just like your parrot friend stormer....two brains, one brain cell between the two of you.

I see that 40 people were injured and ten MURDERED by the Government this week, HIV positive people, sick people in fact, who were shot whilst staging a peaceful protest regarding the government's stance (non-stance in fact) on the Aids issue.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200507130222.html

A government minister went over to Zimbabwe to take notes on how to demolish people's shelter, again in the past week or so.

You people are ridiculous.
The article said 10 people shot not murdered. I do not agree with the present SA government treatment or lack of treatment of HIV patients. As Aids has now been around for over 20 years can you tell me what the old government did to prevent the disease or treat it?

Chatted to Zimbabwean. nurse yesterday and asked if her people were affected by the slum clearance. Her reply was that it was only the strteet people!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 'or what part'.
and are you chdlish or what?
res ipse loquitur

The big irony about you, Stormer, is that you'll be the first to helicopter out with your British passport when your cosy life is threatened by the realities you so consistently ignore.

Soutpiel.

Pablo
Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Piccolo
Chatted to Zimbabwean. nurse yesterday and asked if her people were affected by the slum clearance. Her reply was that it was only the strteet people!
Well they're certainly street people now anyway. One wonders if we'd see the same shoulder-shrugging complacency if it were a white goverment driving these people from their homes.

There is a desperate need among a certain type of liberal white intellectual to explain away the barbarous tyranny of people like Mugabe, because otherwise the fact that he has so much support among the South African masses is just too horrible to contemplate.

He's clever, Mugabe. He knows that if he says something with the veneer of rationality to it there are enough useful idiots out there who will believe him, and muddy the water, and diffuse the world's condemnation.

Pablo
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo
res ipse loquitur

The big irony about you, Stormer, is that you'll be the first to helicopter out with your British passport when your cosy life is threatened by the realities you so consistently ignore.
Soutpiel.

Pablo
So when did we meet, you seem to know me quite well?
What are the realities? It's very interesting that at the people who seem to know the most about the SA do not even leave here? Why don’t you leave your idiotic assumption at home.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Running it ino the ground, yes I cant cope. Me racist, maybee but I was still a proud South African when the ANC were voted into power. I was a reservist and did duty at polling stations during elections, for the love of RSA, so what have you contributed?
Not that the previous govmnt were much good, they just banned anything they didnt like until they were on their knees. But at least they set upa working system. Would it not be easier to improve a working system for all, than first break it down, and start with nothing? So tired of the "new South Africa". Just the same as the old one with more crime and less jobs.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Piccolo
The article said 10 people shot not murdered. I do not agree with the present SA government treatment or lack of treatment of HIV patients. As Aids has now been around for over 20 years can you tell me what the old government did to prevent the disease or treat it?

Only shot, so that makes it OK?
As far as I can discover these drugs have only become acceptable in the last 10 years or so. The old govmnt were never offered anything for free like your new Minister of Health
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sa2oz
Only shot, so that makes it OK?
As far as I can discover these drugs have only become acceptable in the last 10 years or so. The old govmnt were never offered anything for free like your new Minister of Health
Rina Venter, who was the last Minister of Health under the old Nat. government, commented recently that all the plans they made prior to 1994 to fight Aids were scrapped by the incoming ANC government.

This may be understandable. But what is less understandable, and less excusable, is the ANC's refusal to face up to the virtual holocaust that was unfolding before their eyes. They ignored all the warnings and all the international evidence, and fell back on hackneyed sloganeering instead, accusing all critics of racism.

I see that there has been another significant rise in the number of hiv cases in SA recently, taking the figure to over six million. And something like 45% of women between 20 and 30 years old are apparently hiv+

Even the limited and hopelessly too late targets for Aids treatment set by the SA government have been missed. Millions are dying needlessly, and all the ANC can do is squabble about the colour of the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Of course it was only ever the naive white liberals who ever supposed that a black government would somehow care about its black citizens. All the evidence from the rest of Africa suggests that black governments are more interested in lining their pockets, and to hell with the citizens.

Democracy, the rule of law, rationalism, enlightenment, are, after all, Eurocentric concepts, and thus hated.

But bravo for Mbeki's brother, who speaks out against the current SA government's excesses. How Thabo must hate him!

Pablo
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

So when did we meet, you seem to know me quite well?
What are the realities? It's very interesting that at the people who seem to know the most about the SA do not even leave here? Why don’t you leave your idiotic assumption at home.
NO NO. The people who dont LEAVE there are confused. The people who do LEAVE have their minds right. Check Gandolph's posts. Started out like you and then changed her ideas pretty quickly. If you are one of those with a parachute (alternate Citizenship), then who cares if you stay till seconds before the crash!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.